“Birthday dinner plans ruined”
Review of Gengy's

Gengy's
Ranked #38 of 159 Restaurants in Whangarei
Cuisines: Mongolian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A Mongolian style BBQ buffet restaurant. Try different combinations of meats, sauces and other fresh ingredients! Pancakes and ice-cream for desert.
Reviewed 29 August 2019

My family used to love this restaurant... it used to be an amazing dining experience - however things have changed. Late last year we went and while the food was good the service was appalling. My daughter decided she wanted to go there for her birthday next week so I rang to make a booking as I couldn't do it online. No-one answered so I left a message & marked it as urgent as it was only a week away from the big day. No reply from Gengys... so I rang again the following afternoon & again I left a message marked urgent. No reply again. Then today they ring & have the nerve to tell me they have been trying to get hold of me but nobody has answered their calls. I have checked bith the home phone & my mobile call logs and there has been no missed calls. Is this is the way you treat your customers by lying to them & making them think your tardiness is somehow their fault? I have now booked elsewhere and will not return to Gengys ... ever!

Date of visit: August 2019
5  Thank Karen S

Reviewed 19 August 2019

Whole restaurant — tables, serveries, toilets — all really clean. Food obviously fresh, and generous. Charming service, good price for a delicious meal. Spacious, warm on a particularly cold night. A great asset to Whangarei eateries!

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 9 March 2019 via mobile

Went out tonight for a meal with family would recommend it very good choices of food something for everyone friendly efficient staff

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed 26 January 2019

Great place to go with larger groups, great variety of food to choose from, kids love it. Awesome staff!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed 28 November 2018

The staff were not great at explaining how it all worked but thankfully we were with friends who had been before. Great food and we had a fun night out.

Date of visit: June 2018