Open today: 7:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
A great package

Claire has a really great setup and takes excellent care of her guests (very accommodating with... read more

Reviewed 28 April 2021
Plusthreekids
Auckland, New Zealand
via mobile
A great experience

Great communication from Claire. The accomodation was clean, comfortable and well designed for our... read more

Reviewed 28 April 2021
seanjulie2018
Auckland Central, New Zealand
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Whangarei
from US$288.74
from US$197.56
from US$215.25
from US$7,663.67
More Info
All reviews outdoor bath ocean beach smugglers cove great host amazing food bream girls weekend walking weekend epsom salts food provided walking experience great accommodation drop offs wonderful cook bunk room fantastic weekend her attention
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 September 2016

Great walk from Smugglers Cove across cliff tops to Ocean Beach. Designated and marked track. Lots of steps so reasonable mobility required

Date of experience: November 2015
Reviewed 23 August 2016

My wife gave me this four day holiday for my 70th birthday in April and I'm still talking about it in August. Not having my own transport, I bused it from Auckland to Whangarei and transport was arranged for me to Bream Head, which took about half an hour. The location is truly specatacular and the accommodation was perfect for my requirements. I was greeted and shown around by Claire, who had stocked the fridge with everything I could possibly want. I did my own breakfasts and packed a lunch for my daily hike and in the evening, Claire prepared a wonderful dinner for me. Would I go back again? In a heart beat.

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

Modern, comfortable and well-appointed accommodation. Well suited to larger groups of friends or family. Numerous outdoor activities in a very beautiful part of Northland. Local conservation efforts are succeeding and native birdlife is returning. Highly recommend

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

We were the only ones out on the beach on this winters day. So worth the climb up the steep sandy hill. The views over Ocean Beach are stunning and looking down onto the sea breaking onto the rocks at the heads was spectacular. Large seabirds were congregating below, an added bonus for me.

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed 1 June 2016

What a great break from busy lives - a very comfortable home-like lodge (we specially loved the luxurious outdoor bath) and nothing to do but get up each morning and marvel at the stunning scenery and new views that each day's well planned walks brought. Then at the end of the day, wine and fabulous home cooked, gluten free meals that had us asking for the recipes. Claire is a warm and thoughtful host who certainly went the extra mile with pick ups and drop offs, arranging a visit with friends and sorting out different shuttle connections. A highly recommended destination and active group adventure!

Date of experience: May 2016