Claphams Clocks - The National Clock Museum
Review Highlights
Great collection!

I visited this place during my Northland trip. I never knew much about clocks. Now I know a lot I... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
sachindri1785
Auckland, New Zealand
via mobile
Must visit

A wonderful collection and presentation. We forgot about the time seeing so many interesting clocks... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
_hgeertsema
Auckland Central, New Zealand
via mobile

All reviews clock museum wonderful collection tick tock town basin interesting place southern hemisphere private tour extensive collection my mum entrance fee huge variety worth a visit watches cuckoo timepieces archibald collector
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We loved this museum. The many quirky clocks and music boxes are beautiful. The children will also love this place. The guide was very informative and she was able to provide lots of interesting information and demonstrated how all the clocks and music boxes worked.

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 25 September 2017

We enjoyed this small museum and appreciated the private tour and the amazing clocks and instruments. We were pleasantly surprised by this extensive collection. It's a fun place to spend an hour or so.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I never knew I enjoyed clocks so much. This place is amazing! Offering a 2-for-1 deal if you make a purchase at surrounding cafes - coffee before heading in?

A little bit of a story to start this one off and in you go for a look at a massive range of clocks and other time pieces. Quite amazing stories behind many of the clocks and if you take the time to actually appreciate many of them you'll get quite a lot from your visit.
If you get there at a quieter time and Anne is on... she'll be amazing in giving a little bit of a private tour of sorts.... some of the stories are incredible and the range of clocks is fantastic.

I'll also be honest in thinking this would be a quick and perhaps uninteresting experience... I was very wrong and loved every minute and wished I had more time to take in some of the clocks and so forth!
I'm confident kids would love this place although some of the clocks are well within reach of excited little ones so only go on a day where listening skills are good :)

Reviewed 6 September 2017

staff are great - totally knowledgeable. the guided tours are wonderful and give a great overview of the many different clocks and their history.

Reviewed 6 August 2017

I was in Whangarei during the weekend. A friend asked me to visit this museum. It is in a beautiful part of the town. The lady at the counter was kind enough to direct us to have coffee so we could get into the museum with half price. Collection was amazing including the juke box. They played it for us. Recommended.

Date of experience: August 2017