Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews spa bath mini bar quality accommodation comfy bed a great place to stay road noise state highway the main highway two nights home away from home stephanie motel hosts kitchen comfort unit linens
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 January 2022 via mobile

The place is very lovely. The unit is quite bigger than I expected it to be. Very clean with comfortable beds. Breakfast was also really good, you should give it a try. The unit we stayed in has 1 bedroom with a king sized(?) bed and there's a single bed placed just outside the bedroom door. There's a kitchen (that we didnt get to use), a small dining table and a living area. Overall it was a great stay and would love to stay again.

Date of stay: December 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
David Chamberlin, Owner at Lodge Bordeaux, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2022

Thanks Arlene, glad you enjoyed your stay and the breakfast. It is a king size bed in the bedroom, and a king single bed in the lounge - with a single pull-out bed underneath. All have proper, modern, high quality mattresses so suitable for an adult to sleep on. Looking forward to seeing you again next time.

Reviewed 5 November 2021 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times over the past several years, in fact I first stayed when Bordeaux Lodge was still very new, and I have never been disappointed with any aspect, at anytime, across any of my visits.

When I arrived yesterday the first thing that struck me was how fresh the place still looks; gardens and yard maintained, pool area pristine, reception still looking like it did on my first time here. But more importantly, I was given the warmest greeting and welcomed back to 'the Lodge' by Stephanie, resident owner and care-taker (and that's exactly what she does... takes care of people's needs). When making my booking I'd asked for an earlier check-in than the standard 2pm, and Stephanie kindly agreed to an 11.30am/12noon arrival; how generous is that! I'm sure if it wasn't convenient she would have said so, but clearly she was able to accommodate my request, and I'm very grateful, especially after having a 4am start to my day and set to work through to around 9pm. Stephanie would not have known any of this... yet still looked favourably on my request. I think I'd be writing a similar review even if the earlier check-in was declined, and that's based pure and simple on how I was greeted on arrival here.

Now add to that, king bed, high thread count crisp white linen, scrumptious treats and mini-bar, spacious spa bath with a solid safety grab-rail, a TV in each room, in the unit, and well... you get the picture right? The place is immaculate with tasteful and stylish decor, not too fussy but not too common, and comfort is definitely King (or Queen) here.

I also ordered breakfast; eggs bene to be exact, and what a delicious treat that was (past tense because it's been inhaled already). Beautifully presented, fresh, generous portions, and cooked to perfection. At $20, Bordeaux Lodge's eggs bene beats many cafés for the same dish in terms of quality, quantity, plating, and cost. I'd come here just for the breakfast if the Lodge ran a café.

So, you understand why the 5 stars have been awarded for this review, and it's clear why the Lodge often wins Traveller and TripAdvisor awards... you cannot beat quality and warmth. Thankyou to the lovely Stephanie and husband David (he delivered the eggs bene to my unit all hot and steamy... the eggs bene that is ). You keep a beautiful gem beautifully run and your friendly welcome just adds so much more to the place.

If you're looking for all the above, don't spend money on Bookabach or Airbnb because you think it might be a cheaper option, as often times that isn't the case. Bordeaux Lodge oftentimes has promotions to save you precious dollars, but even at regular pricing, the place compares favorably to many others in Whangārei and the Northern region. Don't hesitate to book in here, I promise you won't regret it... 5 stars, 5 golden stars, 5 big bright golden stars ⭐⭐

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Neta K
David Chamberlin, Owner at Lodge Bordeaux, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2021

Thank you for your lovely review and the effort you have gone to write all these details. Your response is exactly what we target with our quality and service - we are so pleased that you have enjoyed your experience here. Looking forward to seeing you on your next trip. Thanks again, David

Reviewed 28 July 2021

I loved everything about Lodge Bordeaux, it was like stepping into Paris. Beautiful, tranquil and all of the extra touches were amazing. I loved the story about the resident cats and I watched one of them playing in the sunshine from my patio through the hedge whilst I sipped on my mineral water. I slept very well which says a lot because I have severe back pain issues and some motels I have stayed in had beds that were nothing but torture for my back. The breakfast was presented beautifully with linen serviettes and was delicious. I will always stay there when visiting Whangarei.

Date of stay: July 2021
Stephanie Chamberlin, Owner at Lodge Bordeaux, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2021

Thank you Merekara for the very detailed and positive review. Great to hear that you slept well even with severe back issues - as well as the extra touches and breakfast presentation which are easy to see, we also focus on the underlying comfort with high quality beds, mattresses and linens for a complete package. Very glad that these things were good for you. Hope to see you again soon. Thanks, David

Reviewed 19 July 2021 via mobile

What a wonderful place to stay in Whangarei .attention to details ,lovely welcome the proprietor couldn’t have done enough for us . we loved our two nights ….such comfy bed , nice linens , great location , five star facilities and so clean . Totally recommend this lodge to anyone for a stay in Whangarei….looking forward to our next visit …we will certainly be returning

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Stephanie Chamberlin, Owner at Lodge Bordeaux, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2021

Thank you for your lovely review. We're so pleased that you enjoyed your stay here and all the amenities. Looking forward to seeing you here again on your next visit to Whangarei. Thanks, David & Stephanie

Reviewed 6 June 2021 via mobile

Great stay, friendly owners and rooms are amazing compared to other hotels in the area, I actually liked it better here then when we stayed at sky city. We had a double spa room and couldn’t fault it. Love that you could arrange a hot breakfast the night before and they had a great selection in the mini bar. We stayed with our one year old son how loved the spa bath. Room was quiet and comfortable.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
David Chamberlin, Owner at Lodge Bordeaux, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2021

Thanks for your lovely review - we are really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much. Hope the rest of your trip went well too, and look forward to seeing you all again one day.