“Whangarei's best kept secret...a must do!”
Review of TopSail

TopSail
Ranked #2 of 158 Restaurants in Whangarei
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 May 2023

Absolutely outstanding dining experience with locally sourced top quality food, faboulous and friendly service and wonderful suggested wine pairings. This is Whangarei's best kept secret. Come here you won't regret it. Pork belly and prawn starters and fish and beef mains were flawless

Date of visit: May 2023

Reviewed 2 September 2022

We have been enjoying Top Sail since it started 15 years ago - and no doubt: the food has been inconsistently delicious!
Tonight the garlic prawns were finger licking good in their buttery herb sauce (entree).
The venison was a delight to look at - a deep red colouring (just seared) with a well complimenting jus plus THOSE blueberries - it tasted amazing - my new favourite!
Finished with Top Snail's special Creme Brulee made the whole meal a true symphony.
A glass of Gewürztraminer went well with it.
Thank you Debbie & Ian (owners) for another magic evening!

Date of visit: September 2022
Reviewed 9 July 2022 via mobile

We would literally seek this restaurant out if we were travelling north again. A creative menu with top, locally sourced meat, fish and produce. I don’t think there were too many kilometres from gate to table and it tasted like it. My entrée of pork belly with crispy crackling was the best I’d ever had. All our party were very happy with their choices and had either the lamb or steak but I had the Orange Roughy fish in a minced paua and lime broth. Attentive staff and a front of the house lady who couldn’t do enough for us. Loved it.

Date of visit: July 2022
1  Thank Viaggio46
Reviewed 10 May 2022 via mobile

This was such a cool dining experience and the service was impeccable! The entrees we had were phenomenal and presented beautifully. The mains were also really good, but the deer served wasn’t that nice. Desert was amazing also!
I will be back again :)

Date of visit: April 2022
Reviewed 13 March 2022 via mobile

I asked this restaurant to help with my plan to propose to my lovely bride to be. They went out of their way to surprise even me, and we have great memories of how the staff joined in. Beautiful meal and setting too.

Date of visit: March 2022