“Birthday dinner”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Went along to Top sail after not having been for a couple of years.
We started with the fish cakes for entree, which were pretty average to be honest- quite bland- we felt we do better at home.
My Pheasant was pretty good, especially the breast, juicy, tasty and tender.
My partners Hapuku was slightly over cooked and a little rubbery- something which is hard to do with such a tasty fish.
Our Creme Brûlée’s were a bit scrambled eggy, and although tasty, but what we have had in the past here.
An average evening from which we were fairly disappointed.

Reviewed 18 July 2018

We all enjoyed a lovely set menu for a family celebration - the duck was very popular, and VERY yummy!

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

After hearing a lot of good about Topsail I was quite disappointed. I don't mind having few options as a vegetarian, as long as the one you do offer is worth. I got a curry pie which was 'nice'. Tasted like a can of chickpeas in filo pastry, can't say it was great dining, not worth the $40+ price tag. Presentation wasn't much to rave about either. Dessert was nice.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Thank you Debbie for such an incredible meal!! Your cosmopolitan is delicious, the food was amazing, and the birthday platter you made for me was perfection! Thank you for making my birthday so special!!

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

We make a point of getting here when ever we can. Tonight we celebrated 3x family 60ths. Had high expectations and the crew once again exceeded them all. Absolutely recommend for a night of fine dining.. Thank you...