“Average food, not great”
Review of TopSail

TopSail
Ranked #3 of 159 Restaurants in Whangarei
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

After hearing a lot of good about Topsail I was quite disappointed. I don't mind having few options as a vegetarian, as long as the one you do offer is worth. I got a curry pie which was 'nice'. Tasted like a can of chickpeas in filo pastry, can't say it was great dining, not worth the $40+ price tag. Presentation wasn't much to rave about either. Dessert was nice.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

Thank you Debbie for such an incredible meal!! Your cosmopolitan is delicious, the food was amazing, and the birthday platter you made for me was perfection! Thank you for making my birthday so special!!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

We make a point of getting here when ever we can. Tonight we celebrated 3x family 60ths. Had high expectations and the crew once again exceeded them all. Absolutely recommend for a night of fine dining.. Thank you...

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 1 May 2018

could not fault a thing food and service was very good a lovely restaurant with sea views. will visit again.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 16 April 2018

A small, quirky little place, perched atop Onerahi Yacht Club. Popular and with limited seating, we had heard it was best to book early so we did so - a month in advance!

First impressions were good, with lovely views at our window table as the sun set over the water. Service was fairly prompt, if typically Kiwi, ie casual but friendly, not fussy. Don't expect silver service!

My Turkey Tenderloin starter was delicious, but my Aged Tenderloin main wasn't anything special, sadly, seeming neither aged nor tender. No complaints from my companions, though, enjoying Salmon and Ceviche starters followed by better luck with the Duck and The Bale vegetarian 'stack'.

Surprisingly, none of us could find something on the dessert menu that appealed, so we called it a day there.

Prices higher than one would have expected, but you're paying for the view. And they're popular so can perhaps get away with $5-10 more per plate than at equivalent establishments.

Bottom line: a nice enough evening but I think we'll try somewhere else next time we're looking for something special...

Date of visit: March 2018