Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$90
View deal
Booking.comUS$90
Hotels.comUS$90
PricelineUS$90
TravelocityUS$90
ZenHotels.comUS$90
Orbitz.comUS$90
All reviews harbour view mussels definitely stay here again room service dinner air con native bush heat pump comfortable stay cane bath jug mangroves proximity roomy
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 August 2021

Absolutely awesome in every way. Although the hotel is getting on a little it was exceptionally clean and catered for all your needs. What impressed me the most was the staff and management. I would like to compliment the management for providing a situation where the staff and yourselves came together as a team.

Date of stay: August 2021
Flames Hotel, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Flames Whangerei, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2021

Hi Jack, thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We really do appreciate your feedback and are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. Have a great day and we hope to welcome you back again in the future

Reviewed 22 June 2021

Checked in, and made our way to our room, the place is starting to show its age, but is still pretty good, clean and tidy The view from our room was great, looking over the pool and garden, and out toward the harbour, almost tropical. Couldn't have dinner in the restaurant due to a private function, so had room service. A mistake on the menu was made, and when pointed out, management reacted immediately and were very concerned and apologetic. After breakfast, we checked out, and again the manager was very sincerely concerned about the dinner issue.

Room tip: Top floor rooms have the best view.
Date of stay: June 2021
Flames Hotel, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Flames Whangerei, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2021

Hi Ray, thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your feedback. So glad you enjoyed your stay and your room with a view, and once again apologies for the mix us with the menu. It was nice to meet you and we look forward to seeing you again

Best regards, Raewyn

Reviewed 13 June 2021 via mobile

The restaurant at this place is excellent, what it lacks slightly in ambience it more than makes up for in the expansively wide choice menu, the quality of the food as well as good and friendly service. In some ways I am reluctant to praise it too highly as I don’t want it spoilt by being too busy, however credit where it is due as this place delivers on many important matters.

Room tip: Plenty of parking.
Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank bernie_SGR93
Flames Hotel, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Flames Whangerei, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2021

Hi Bernie, thank you for taking the time to review us, we appreciate your feed back which is important to us. So glad you have enjoyed your meal with us, hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2021

I chose this hotel based on both the great reviews and it's extreme proximity to the airport. I was not disappointed.

I made my reservation over the phone and was given a great description of the room options and prices. I picked a premium room on the top floor with harbour view. On check in, Raewyn gave me directions to the car park nearest my room, and as I stepped out of my car a happy, helpful man appeared and explained he had been sent to carry my suitcase up the stairs for me!

The view from my balcony was so uplifting with white sailboats in the blue harbour beyond the mangroves, and native bush in the distance. I loved relaxing on the cane furniture set in my room. It had deep, comfy cushions and perfectly suited the tropical atmosphere provided by the beautiful palm trees and hibiscus in the garden below. On enquiry I was provided with a jug of soy milk and a coffee plunger to use in my room which I appreciated so much.

After settling in, I went down to the bar for a cocktail, where a very friendly girl expertly made up a wonderful large and strong aperol spritz for me, no problem at all. I then enjoyed relaxing in the lobby reading the paper and looking at the art collection of black and white photographs of famous people from the 1960's and 1970's. I did not dine in, but easily found a tasty and well priced Thai restaurant nearby.

After dinner I returned to my room, the evening was cool but the heat pump efficiently created a cosy warmth. I wanted to take a bath, but couldn't figure out how to get the water to switch from the shower to the bath tap. A quick phone call brought another helpful staff member to my room who had it working in no time. After a relaxing tub, it was time to collapse into the spotless white sheets on my soft and comfortable king size bed for a much needed sleep, after a big day driving down from the Hokianga.

In the morning I couldn't face a busy restaurant, so made a phone call to see if it was too late to get breakfast in my room. I was met with "of course not" and literally within 10 minutes there was a knock at the door and a perfectly presented tray with delicious sourdough grain toast, cereal, fruit salad and yoghurt was brought in.

Check out was fast and simple, another strong man carried my suitcase from my room to the car, and an easy 3 minute drive to airport completed an ideal stay.

At no time was anything too much trouble, all the staff were so warm, kind and friendly. I was so welcomed and taken care of, while travelling alone and feeling somewhat vulnerable. I couldn't recommend the Flames Comfort Hotel more highly. Thank you Raewyn and crew, I will be back no doubts.

Room tip: Room 24 had a fabulous view
Date of stay: June 2021

Annie, thank you so much for your very kind words and detailed review. It was our absolute pleasure to have you stay with us and are delighted that you enjoyed the service and comforts we were able to offer.

We look forward to you returning in the future. Have a wonderful day

Reviewed 28 May 2021

Booked a room , requested a bath and was told a "maybe" but was then phoned back promptly to confirm, Absolutely friendly checkin with Raewyn , the owner/ manger. Room was super clean and very big with a view out to the west ...inlet with boats in the distance. Wife recovering from a hospital stay so we had room service dinner. VERY impressive..we ordered a few entrees...scallops, mussels, prawns, side of fries..( they were GOOD !) Would totally and absolutely recommend this accomodation. Our unit was one of two I am told that has cooking facilities...Microwave, two hot plates so Ok for a small cook up. 3 mins walk to a bunch of shops ( Takaways chinese and indian ) as well as a New World supermarket, The flames is also only 5 mins drive from Whanagrie city so a perfect location, Grounds are extremely well kept with a pool and bush look out platform. Well done Raewyn and the flames team. P and B from Paihia

Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank Paul L
Flames Hotel, General Manager at Comfort Hotel Flames Whangerei, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2021

Hi Paul, thank you so much for taking the time to review us. We appreciate your feedback. So glad you enjoyed your stay. It was nice to meet you and we look forward to seeing you again

Best wishes Raewyn