Hotels.com
Sparky81
New Zealand

A quiet and comfortable stay

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 30 May 2015
Although handily placed in the Regent district of Whangarei, Aaron Court's cul-de-sac location guarantees a night free from traffic noise. It's not pretentious, but offers all the comforts needed for an enjoyable overnight stay.
Date of stay: May 2015
Restaurant
    $140
5.6 km from Aaron Court Motel
View more hotels in Whangarei
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 February 2015

I made a booking to spend two nights at Aaron Court Motel in Whangerei. Upon my arrival I was met with a man who did not introduce himself, he did not welcome or engage with me at all. The key was placed on the desk and he said `Room 1` at the end. I was not shown to my room and I had to ask for the Wifi password. The room was smelly and damp, the bedding felt damp and had a damp odour, there was no source of heating. The TV did not work well and neither did the internet. Overall impression of the room was dark, smelly and uncomfortable. Without hesitation, I returned my key and decided not to stay. I do not recommend this motel.

Room tip: The pictures on the internet looked a little old fashioned and I did not mind that but in reality the furniture looked worn out and `tired` and ready to be replaced for sure. The testimonials did not reflect the motel- wonder how that can be?
Date of stay: January 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Druyoga
Reviewed 14 November 2014

We stayed three nights at this motel. Superb location (lives up to advertising itself as the quietest motel in Whangarei) Lovely unit, spotlessly clean on arrival & each day again cleaned & left immaculate. Excellent staff - friendly & accommodating. Will definitely stay there again. Thank you from Denise & David, The Catlins, Lower South Island

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2014

We stayed at this motel for one night, we really did enjoy our night however the motel itself is quiet old but VERY clean. The location is great, off the main road and only a 3minute drive into town. The staff weren't as welcoming as I was hoping but overall we had a comfortable stay. I would recommend this motel to families who have children as it is very safe.

Date of stay: October 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Sydney_lucy03
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed one night. Had a ground floor 1brm unit. 2 x single beds in the bedroom & queen in the lounge. The unit was not flash but is clean & comfortable & met all our needs. It is definitely quiet as is at the end of a dead end street so gets big brownie points for being away from the main drag, so it is free from traffic noise, yet fairly central (if you have a vehicle). I have stayed in several other motels in Whangarei but in terms of comfort, reasonable price, and quietness, I would choose to stay there again.

Date of stay: August 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Viv K
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I wasn't sure what to find here, but overall, pleasantly surprised. The Aaron Court is a bit of a way out of town, if you have luggage, get a taxi. Checking in was quick and easy. Free WiFi pass given. Rooms are well appointed, maybe just a little dated. Bathroom area was well appointed. Kitchen area has everything you need. There's a useful supermarket at the end of the street. My only personal drawback was that I was given the ground floor room right next to the reception. Other guests and locals feel the need to stand in the courtyard or doorway having long conversations with the owners and the phone can also be heard too, a morning lay in or afternoon/evening resting becomes interrupted. I wasn't sure if the room next to mine had permanent residents in but they seem to want to keep walking past my doors trying to look in or were sat outside smoking having loud conversations, all in all the corner room isn't exactly quiet, ask for one on the first floor or further away from the reception.

Date of stay: March 2014