“Excellent cafe in the centre of town”
Review of Grind Cafe

Grind Cafe
Ranked #2 of 13 Coffee & Tea in Whangarei
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Description: Modern cafe in the centre of Whangarei, serving great coffee, drinks selections, bakery/pastries and meals. Extensive food selection including all day breakfast, daily specials, and cabinet selection. Enjoy your meal in a relaxed environment catering for all including little ones. We aim to provide the freshest of ingredients and prepare onsite for your enjoyment!
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

To start with this cafe had some teething problems, but now I can honestly say it’s turned out to be a great wee cafe. Excellent coffee, fresh croissants and a good variety of food to choose from.
The barista is happy to modify standard coffees to suit allergy needs and tastes.
My only complaint was that on our most recent visit, we had to change our order to takeaway drinks, as it was unbearably hot in the cafe.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I only had time to pop in for a coffee but it was great, I felt super homely being there on my own. There were lots of people in the cafe, some in a large group so they must do birthday brekky's etc. The food looked amazing, can't wait to go back and try it. Coffee was nice and smooth. Very clean establishment.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 22 June 2018

I eat low carb and had a great breakfast at a reasonable price at this cafe, I ordered scrambled eggs with an additional egg and asked for something green instead of bread. Someone checked in with me to ensure they get it right I was served great scrambled eggs on a warm plate with a side salad. Another bonus is olive oil available to add to your meal. Great value.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 20 June 2018

Awesome coffee and the baking is to die for. Friendly staff, impeccable service, great location and atmosphere. Will definitely be back.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

Firstly the muffin and the prices were excellent - although I was asked if I wanted my muffin heated with butter and despite saying yes it came out cold with rock hard butter.
- the young girl that served us took an agonising length of time to acknowledge us standing in front of her at the counter - saw us but too busy talking to other staff to say hi or ask us to wait. I nearly left.
Coffee was good but only just warm.
Muffin was well and truly finished by the time my coffee came out , that was finished before my friends hot choc came out (tables who ordered before us got theirs before us).
Painfully slow - don’t go in for a quick coffee.
Nice space to sit in, bright and fresh, good location, yummy muffin.

Speed and customer service need work

Date of visit: May 2018