“Happy Night”

Ranked #28 of 158 Restaurants in Whangarei
Cuisines: Diner, Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Nestled in the heart of Whangarei, down bustling Quality Street, Amici is a charming eatery serving an extensive menu to cater for all throughout breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert.
Reviewed 14 July 2023

This restaurant was chosen by a friend whose birthday we were celebrating and he wished to try out the restaurant.

The service was good considering young people were part of the team.

The meal was well received by all of us and it was an enjoyable night out.

Date of visit: July 2023

Reviewed 13 May 2023

I love this Italian restaurant tuck in the Quality street in Heart of Whangarei. I come here every Sunday after church for their meal and beverage. Great team and service with a smile 😃..

Date of visit: April 2023
Reviewed 12 May 2023

Had the driest and most tasteless, yet also most expensive arancini I've ever had, which were only kind of edible because they were swimming in tomato sauce and covered with parmesan. There was supposed to be baby spinach, but didn't find it anywhere. The pizza wouldn't even have been acceptable to me if I had bought it from a supermarket freezer and baked it myself. It's been hours now, and it's still sitting heavy on my stomach and I feel physically unwell because of it. The only thing "Italian" about it was the price, as it was complety overpriced for what it was (although I would've happily paid it for a proper meal).

Date of visit: May 2023
1  Thank laurahI6247GA
Reviewed 28 March 2023

expensive and had to get a bite to eat after as the portions are way too small for the prices. We paid $150 per couple for 1 main & 1 glass of wine each both left hungry..
Roast spatchcock we received 1/4 of a small bird. not enough for a small child let alone an adult.

Date of visit: March 2023
Reviewed 5 March 2023 via mobile

Have been here before many years ago...was meeting my sister for lunch and she suggested this place as great pizza.
Service and food absolutely on point.
The pizza (meat lovers) was beautiful and the service was amazing.

My only comments to the owners would be:
- Put the chequered table cloths on your outside tables so people will immediately see it is an Italian restaurant
- get some comfy cushions for your chairs. Chairs are great but the cushions on them do nothing for comfort
- hang some lovely flowering baskets so it would have some.more ambience
- clean the water feature! Was lovely sitting next to it and hearing the water trickle but the bottom was all green! Not pleasant to look at.
Overall an amazing place but with a couple of small tweaks could be even better

Date of visit: March 2023