“Good Food”

Jimmy Jacks Rib Shack & Craft Bar
Ranked #33 of 160 Restaurants in Whangarei
Description: A rocking good feed for great people Stonegrill classics, lobster steam Pots, BBQ Steakhouse classics and some of the best deserts, craft beers and ciders come on down
Reviewed 13 September 2020 via mobile

Attended a friends dinner here and it was super good! The restaurant was super busy which was cool to see, the staff were all very lovely and attentive to our tables needs. The drinks did take a little while to come out but maybe that was because everyone ordered different cocktails? The food came out fast and everyone enjoyed their meal. Will definitely be back again!

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank rqueen944

Reviewed 15 June 2020

For an extremely busy restaurant that has just opened its doors after covid 19 lock down, my partner and i were incredibly impressed with both the food, service and staff members. We love to eat out whenever we can and find new places. This was our first time at Jimmy Jacks ever, great experience all round, the food was just amazing! thank you for a great start to post covid-19. we cant wait to pop in with some friends. Natalie Mortimer

Date of visit: May 2020
2  Thank Natalie M
Reviewed 21 March 2020

We had FishPlatter for my husband and I a few months ago .It was a lovely meal. We had been hanging out for it and when we got there it wasn't on the menu We were very disapointed. We ordered Seafood Trio each. The squid rings made good chewing gum would last for ever.The pieces of fish were very small but nice the best part was the little bowl of soup which was yummy. We won't be going back. Have told our friends who were going back for seafood platter.

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 4 February 2020

Had been thinking of doing an intercity run to go back here enjoyed meals so much - Had to go a funeral and stayed over and it was one of the groups birthday so off we went . As we walked in we all felt the difference ( not commented on until afterwardsw). It just felt different. Ordered our meals - They were NOTHING like we had experienced previously Had been here before loved it now changed hands yeah nah - Ribs not cookED in sauce may possibly ones available in supermarkets that are already "marinated" and then had BBQ sauce bucketed over them p- Very disappointed - wont be back Asked for a finger bowl - de jour at a rib place - and told they were not allowed to do them - WHAT??

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 10 November 2019

My last night in the area and I decided to venture to "Jimmy Jack". Plenty of parking, so only one beer for me tonight, sob!

On entering it seemed like any other eatery in this style, Frankie & Bennys or TGi Fridays. The bar is central to the building and the bathrooms on the left as I entered. One thing I noted was the sale of merchandise, which I crave on my travels. And yes I bought a t-shirt, rude not to!

Looking at the menu I chose to have the surf & turf with fries. It arrived within 20 minutes and I wasn't disappointed. This meals varies from country to country but is basically the same and this one was up there with the best of them. As for the beer I had I chose Tiger beer on draught.

They also have a challenge to anyone daft enough to try it. The chance to get your photo on the "Wall of Honour" or "Wall of Shame". I'm saying no more, go down there and take the challenge!

Date of visit: October 2019