All reviewstop floorswimming poolshort staywould stay againqueen bedroom was largeclean roomsa great place to staystopover
Reviewed 28 November 2017

Went to this restaurant with 8 other women for a celebration dinner. There was a wedding dinner going on in a separate area as well as another couple in the same room. The service was very slow. Another 4 ladies joined the restaurant while we waited for our entrees. Our entrees took over half an hour to arrive, most were simple garlic bread or similar. Then a further 20-30 minutes for our mains to arrive. So well over an hour to have an entree and main. Most of the ladies were not happy with their meals. Some had cold roast potatoes, dry fish, "gluggy" spare ribs to name a few of the problems. My meal, however, was absolutely lovely. I had the Tiger Prawns & Scallops as a main and it was delicious. So much so, that I would maybe give this place a second chance. Just disappointed with the slowness of the service. Some of the staff were lovely though. I just wonder whether having a wedding on was a bit too much for them and maybe they should have closed the restaurant due to a "private function" like many places do.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Grotty room - room service breakfast very poor - mix up on room rate that receptionist wouldn't / couldn't correct - e-mailed last week & still no correction or adequate response. Would not reccomend - there is a much nicer hotel/motel over the road that would get our business next time.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Babs729
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Average accommodation. Clean but tired. Meal average but good choices. I ordered in room. Probably should have chosen less ambitious than duck which was a litre dry. Friendly staff. Will need a Reno soon I believe

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

Whilst the property itself is a little dated, I had no issues with my room, food or service..it was quiet with no road noise, had dinner in the bar/restaurant - which needs a long over due makeover - but the food was good and staff member very friendly, off st parking, opp supermarket if you need and easy to find..I'll stay again! I do recommend but don't expect flash fixtures, bedding etc and you'll be fine!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

We only spent 2 nights at this hotel.

Its a tired hotel BUT it is not bad hotel.

The staffs are friendly and welcoming. Do keep in mind that Wanganui is a small town so the environment is very relaxed and laid back.

The location is excellent. This hotel is surrounded with supermarkets and shops. The main town is just down the road.

They have a small bar with a pool table but was empty when we were staying here.

Its a comfortable hotel for transit or a short stay.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business