“Real Guardians of the River!”

Ki Tai Whanganui River Tours
Ranked #4 of 7 Tours in Whanganui
Reviewed 5 February 2018

This tour takes you through a beautiful part of the NZ landscape and history as you travel through forest that settlers tried to tame and eventually turned back on - the blue rhododendrons and the Bridge to Nowhere being the only lingering traces. Amazing professionals. Great team. I saw nothing but smiles from the groups. Confession time: Wasn't actually part of their tour. But Reina took care of us anyway. Him and the other tour guides were a wonderfully friendly presence on the river, generous with tips on how to navigate the rapids and kindly fishing out people from their failed attempts. Was an honour to share the river alongside them. P.S: you will be very well-fed and looked after! And enjoy local history and latest news too.

Reviewed 23 February 2017

A group from my university did a multi day trip this January and I still consider it the highlight of my visit to New Zealand so far. The people were fantastic, friendly, and incredibly knowledgeable of all things river related and beyond. If I could go again I would in a heartbeat!!