All reviews the river across the road walking distance road noise comfortable beds close to town graeme units motel host
Reviewed 18 January 2018

Decor a bit old, needs updating.Not a good shower (head needs to be changed). Washed dishes before use as found a dirty knife in drawer and there was no tea towel. Had a good night sleep and we were second from the road. Very friendly staff. Good location, with the town and markets up the road and the river walk across the road.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Well located and roomy motel, situated just across the road from the river, walking distance to own (15-20 mins).
Pleasant and helpful host. Nice and clean, comfortable beds. Shower a bit old and rather variable stream . Oven also on the older side and couldn't read the dials easily as markings worn off, but otherwise all good.

Room Tip: we had one bedroom unit, other rooms are studio
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
graemeprince, Owner at Riverside Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

Thank you for staying with us. Unfortunately, the local water supply tends to 'scale up'the heads of showers very quickly but we do try to attend this problem regularly. However, occasionally the scale buildup occurs quite quickly and we can not detect it unless we are told of a problem at the office - which is quicker to action than an online review. We are very approachable.The ovens are all kept spotless and have a lot of good life left in them. We have noticed the odd dashboard has a number or two missing but because the controls are still very self explanatory, and because the required parts are no longer available, the cost of a replacement oven is not justified. However, should this feature become dangerous or difficult to use we would not hesitate to replace the oven.

Reviewed 24 July 2017

This has to be the most unclean motel that we have stayed in on our trip. I wouldn't let my daughters play on the floor without putting a sheet down that we brought. My husband even cleaned the kitchen & bathroom floors ( the rag was nasty). You can barely take a shower (shower head needs to be changed). We also had to clean the dishes before use.
My mother in law had to sleep in our car because there was MOLD in the room & it gave her a bad Asthma Attack. We couldn't leave because it was late & my young daughters were already sleeping.
NEEDS A MAJOR UPDATING!!!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Someone definitely has a problem here. One of our main selling points has always been the cleanliness of the units, of which many other reviewers attest to and I do not consider this review to be any reflection on my high quality cleaning staff. Maybe the kids?

Reviewed 12 July 2017

I was a solo traveller staying one night. There seemed to only be about 4 units occupied so it was a pity I wasn't given one of the upgraded rooms I have read about below. The room was spacious but smelled stale (sweat or smoke) and was pretty cold even with the heater on low overnight and the electric blanket on intermittently. The unforgiveable aspect was the thin old curtains. Instead of one or two there were about four which barely met when drawn and failed miserably to block out the light and cold. For some unknown reason there was a porch light on outside my room all night which I could not turn off and which meant the room remained well lit. Fortunately I travel with an eye mask and ear plugs or I wouldn't have slept at all (as the road noise in my end unit was 'persistent'). The kitchen was reasonably well equipped but there was no tea towel, only a small cotton dish cloth so hard to clean up after breakfast. The location is handy and perhaps with an upgraded room including double glazing, new curtains and soft furnishings, this would be a very good place to stay. Moteliers should spend a night in their rooms to appreciate the guest 'experience'.
A plus is the walk around the river across the bridges is lovely and it's close to town.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room away from the main road.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2017

We stayed just one night in unit 4 but would have liked longer. Quiet and spotlessly clean and spacious, with comfortable twin beds in a separate room and a double bed in the studio area. However, this was squeezed between the breakfast bar and a settee with no room for a bedside cabinet or clock radio. There were no reading lamps at the head of the bed. The well-equipped kitchen had a full-sized cooker. Bathroom facilities were fine but dated. River views were restricted being across the road from the river.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple