All reviewsbit datedstayed heretvkitchenettemotel
Reviewed 10 April 2017

Convenient location on Victoria Avenue Whanganui. Parking outside units. All usual facilities. Short drive or reasonable walking distance from restaurants. Off-road so no traffic noise. Free Wifi. Friendly staff.

Room Tip: Furthest from the front overlooks a schoolfield so quiet at night.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Kimbell H, Manager at Midtown Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Thank you for your kind words.I must confess that we do get a lot of guests saying they overslept due to the lack of road noise they tend to experience at other accommodation facilities.
We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Kind regards,
KIm Herbert

Reviewed 30 January 2017

I had need of centrally located motel in Wanganui for an overnight stay. I elected this motel because of reasonable pricing and because it offered a range of accommodation options. For my overnight stay, I chose a 'budget' room and I was well satisfied. Although perhaps in need of an upgrade in furnishings - and a fresh coat of paint - the things that mattered far more were excellent: comfortable bed, clean, tidy - and a welcoming host.

Room Tip: All rooms are situated well off the street.
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 January 2017 via mobile

Hotel staff were lovely. The room was dated, however clean and serviced daily, which is nice. Rooms are spacious and have everything you need, however I could feel the springs in the bed. It didn't bother me enough to lose sleep, but I could see how this would concern a lot of people. We were also missing our iron (we did have an ironing board) but I'm sure we would've been supplied one if we asked. Slightly overpriced based on other hotels we've stayed in for similar prices, which have been new & modern, but it's central and served its purpose, so would consider staying here again :)

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jodie_Edmonds
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

The lady that took my booking was really lovely and helpful. The reception area was very nice. We went to the room and it smelt, there were stains on the bed covers, spiders and cobwebs in the toilet, lino was really old and dirty, paint peeling in bathroom, shower curtain looked about 20 years old. Blankets under bed civer very old and faded.
Cheap, but never again .

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank BidzHopez
Reviewed 11 December 2016 via mobile

And so were we so didn't have the energy to look elsewhere. Wouldn't go back but was a good reminder to check room before paying. Vinyl on bathroom floor has been painted to make it look new. Shower above bath was only for short people. Only one sink...a handbasin used for both kitchen and bathroom use....enough said.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple