Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
All reviews the main road beautiful place to stay cycle trail warm welcome new zealand carol motel coromandel units microwave
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 April 2021

Short overnight stay - to celebrate a 21st birthday. Great locality - the rooms were so clean, tidy and well appointed. The owners were so helpful in pointing us in the right direction in relation to dinner and also the taxi service

Date of stay: April 2021
Carol Murphy, Owner at Tuscany on Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2021

thank you for taking the time to review and the lovely review

Reviewed 13 March 2021

We only had a 1 night stay at the beginning of our biking trip. Owner very friendly and accommodating and happy to store our bikes in a secure place overnight. Rooms spotless and very spacious. Good ice cream shop/convenience shop close by and not too far from town.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends

thank you for the positive review and the extra information to help guests

Reviewed 11 February 2020 via mobile

Not the best motel we have stayed in but it was clean and up together and we had a warm welcome. The owner was helpful and understanding. It was a good entry to the Coromandel district. We have a brilliant trip to New Zealand.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lynetteslatter
Carol M, Owner at Tuscany on Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review

Reviewed 31 January 2020 via mobile

I was booked into Tuscany very last minute earlier this week. I was hit, bothered and tired after the temperature hit 30 degrees ( not used to this in Wellington). I was greeted with a huge smile by Carol and a choice of two rooms. I walked into my room and kicked my shoes off -paradise already. I had a look around the room and found all of these cool little treasures - dice and a pack of cards on the table, lemon towels and grey flannels (perfect for not making you feel awful leaving spray tan or makeup on them, large containers of shower gel, shampoo conditioner and liquid soap which I later found out from Carol contained no parabens and imported from Italy, a hand knitted dish cloth, a well thought out compendium, loads of tea, coffee and drinking chocolate sachets, a glass bottle of milk and a free gift ( a lovely hand made birthday card). I ordered breakfast from reception that included a choice of juices, choice of breads for toast, choice of spreads, tinned fruit and cereal - $13. This was delivered while I was out for dinner the night before on a tray with everything except the vegemite in reusable plastic and glass containers. Anything fridge worthy was popped in there. The wifi was quick and the bed and pillows so comfy. Carol was just lovely and even dropped some of her guests into town for dinner. I will definitely be back. I am so totally impressed. Thankyou Carol for your wonderful touches, and your contribution to helping preserve our planet

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Carol M, Owner at Tuscany on Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2020

Wow, thank you. You gave me goosebumps reading your wonderful review. We try really hard to meet our guests needs and it is wonderful when people like you take the time to give us a pat on the back and tell use we are mostly getting things right.

Reviewed 28 January 2020

Motel is next to the main road and has its own parking right outside the units - so it is a bit noisy. We had tradies next door who left at at 6am - so that was us all awake. Pool is tiny and next to the road - so we didn't use it. Spa bath was nice and room was spotless and the bed comfy. Bit of a hike into the town if you didn't have a car.

Date of stay: January 2020
Carol M, Owner at Tuscany on Thames, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2020

Thank you for the review and your positive feedback. Our main street is over a kilometre long and I can walk to the centre of town in 15 minutes and I am not fast. Just four of our units have parking outside the unit, the rest are on the other side of the carpark. It is best if guests just let us know what suits them best. It is funny as I find most guests prefer to park outside their unit and I can't do that for most of mine.