“Great Verity”
Review of Gengy's

Gengy's
Cuisines: Asian, Barbecue, Diner
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Great for the family or large groups. Skip lunch before going all you can eat and cooked just the way you want it.
Many different options for the little ones also. It covers all the bases for everyone’s eatings needs. Don’t miss the ice cream. Lots of fun.
Would go again.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We love to dine at Gengy's, Yummy foods to your tast buds, Soup & Bead Bun, Main your choice, Plus Dessert

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Food is all yummy and even the fussiest eaters are catered for. A great place to meet with another family for dinner although not conducive to conversations as you have to keep hopping up to get food. Kids loved it

Reviewed 19 June 2017

This is the 2nd time I have attended Gengy's in Palmerston North for a birthday function. We arrived at 5:25 pm and there was a queue already, waiting for the door to open. The first time I went there, staff did not ask if we had dined there previously, so we had no idea on what we had to do when getting our food - another diner standing in front of us at the food bar did.
They have menu's you can follow but they are situated at an odd place, so basically I just selected food items I think I may enjoy, then you take it to the staff member's to cook on the bbq grill. You really need to keep an eye on where your meal is placed. Unfortunately, another diner grabbed my mother's meal but last laugh on her because my mother added lots of chilli to her meal. My mother went and built another meal. If your meal is terrible, the only person to blame is yourself. Mine meals were delicious.

It was the first time one of my brother's & sister-in-law dined there & they loved it too.

Service: Staff seemed busy off their feet but quite pleasant and cleared our plates off the table often.

Negatives:
(1) Steamed rice is situated in a weird place. It must get overlooked often by diners.
(2) The deep fried food was cold. Considering we arrived on opening, you would think they would be hotter. My mother mentioned last time she went it was also cold

Reviewed 24 May 2017

You pick meat/fish, sauces, oils, veges take to the cooking station and they cook it for you. Dessert was what they called pancakes but more like over grown pikelets with ice cream ( there was a selections to choose from) and fruit which I assume varies. Self serve smorgasbord. It was a fun place to eat at.