“Terrific ”

Dejeuner
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

I have visited many times. We have always had great service and wonderful meals. Well hosted and always made to feel welcome. I recommend

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 26 August 2018

First time dining and we were not disappointed. My wife had the Confit Duck with an amazing orange flavoured jus. I had the Beef special with hand-cut duck fat chips. Both our dishes came with a side of vegetables (included in the price). Very filling. We gave ourselves half an hour before having a crack at dessert. Their take on a Tiramisu, delicious!

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Allanh50
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Friends took me to Dejeuner for my birthday! Everything was superb - the food, the service and the fact we could take our own wine. I had prawns for an entree and twice cooked park for main - both were delicious. My friends all enjoyed their meals as well. I would definitely go back!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 5 August 2018

I like to go to BYO restaurants for often in fully licensed restaurants I find the wine lists a little boring or more commonly the wines just way over-priced. I therefore go to Asian or Indian restaurants which allow BYO wine. However I still want a more European style meal from time to time and this establishment offers that together with BYO. This was important as it was a special occasion and Krug champagne, Penfolds Grange, a Henschke and a d'Yquem were on our BYO list so we wanted a food selection that would suit these.

For an entrée it is hard to go past the combination platter with artichoke hearts, prawns, scallops, pate, olives, bier stick type sausage etc. This was a very generous serve and the claim that it would suit four was not wrong. For aa min the steak dishes were well priced and a decent size - 250g to 300g but I choose the ostrich as it has been a while since I had that. I was not disappointed. It came with a medium rich sauce and vegetables and more vegetables were served in a separate bowl to share. The other diner were equally happy about their meals.
The dessert were a fairly standard selection such as tiramisu, crème brulee and so on. These were attractively presented and were of a decent size.
I am looking forward to returning.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Malcolm R
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

Fantastic food,have visited at least five times and never been disappointed. The Ostrich is one of my favourites,not something you can buy in the shop and Dejeuner present and cook it so well. Creme Brûlée to die for,not to mention the scallops. A big bonus you can BYO. Service fantastic friendly and helpful. Environment is tasty and tables are well placed. Even left my purse behind on the chair...was immediately contacted so drove straight back and there they were standing on the footpath I didn’t have to get out of the car. Service with a smile. Will definitely return.

Date of visit: June 2018