“Dinner outing”
Review of Aberdeen

Aberdeen
Reserve a table
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Our Restaurant is in the heart of the CBD in Palmerston North. We have a well established menu that caters for all customers. Our very experienced Head Chef Dean Harris can cater to all dietary requirements - given the right amount of notice. We have a good selection of protein choices on the menu as well as excellent vegetarian options. Our desserts are exceptional. Come in and try our menu. 161 Broadway Avenue.
Reviewed 22 March 2024

An absolutely outstanding experience at Aberdeen on Broadway. Could not fault this in any aspect - staff, food, drink, service. We ended up sharing a prawn cocktail starter as the serving was incredibly generous! Absolutely stuffed with fat, juicy prawns. Our steaks were both cooked to perfection and the jus and sauces just right in taste and quantity. All staff were friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. Just the right amount of time elapsed between taking orders and food being ready. Would certainly go again.

Date of visit: March 2024
Review collected in partnership with www.restauranthub.co.nz
Leonie Hapeta, General Manager at Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2024

Allow me to thank you for reviewing your experience at Aberdeen on Broadway.

I am delighted to read such positive comments about your dining experience with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed everything from the food, beverage offerings and service so very much. We strive to offer the highest quality dining experience in a relaxed comfortable atmosphere, I am glad we have been able to achieve this.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future for yet another enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 13 March 2024

we go out for our wedding anniversary and both Hubby and I were really happy with the meal and ambiance

Date of visit: March 2024
Review collected in partnership with www.restauranthub.co.nz
Leonie Hapeta, General Manager at Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2024

Allow me to thank you for reviewing your experience at Aberdeen on Broadway.

I am delighted to read such positive comments about your anniversary dinner. I am so pleased that we were able to offer you such high quality food and service.

Reviewed 5 March 2024

Aberdeen was recommended to us by our host at our B and B. We arrived at 7 pm on March 4. We were seated in the patio area of a half full restaurant. We ordered a fillet each medium rare. The meal arrived 53 minutes later. The couple who sat at the adjacent table and arrived after us received their meals first.
My steak was tough and came with a warmed up slice of Au gratin potatoe. I come from a farm which raised Aberdeen Angus. I would state this was not Aberdeens either the restaurant or the beef’s finest hour. If this meat was aged I would be surprised.
We were very disappointed. The server was very pleasant and a long way from home as we are.

Date of visit: February 2024
Leonie Hapeta, General Manager at Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2024

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Aberdeen on Broadway. Obviously we are very disappointed with this feedback as we pride ourselves on the food and service we deliver. Firstly, I am very sorry that you had to wait for such a long period, it is unacceptable that you should have to wait for such a time, especially after tables that arrived later received their meals first. I have just spoke to the our head chef and he assures me that the beef was most definitely Angus Pure that had just been delivered that day.

I do apologise that your experience could have been better and do hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 February 2024

My group had a wonderful night. The service was excellent, the kai totally awesome and the décor was of a high standard. I recommend this to anyone looking for a great place to dine.

Review collected in partnership with www.restauranthub.co.nz
Leonie Hapeta, General Manager at Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2024

Allow me to thank you for reviewing your experience at Aberdeen on Broadway.

I am delighted to read such positive comments about your evening with us. I'ts great to read that you found everything to be of such a high standard from the service to the food and even the decor.

Reviewed 1 February 2024 via mobile

From the minute we arrived to the moment we left the staff were so attentive, warm, friendly and helpful. The food and drinks arrived prompt and were beautifully presented which added to the experience. The taste was exquisite! Just as I remembered from 4 yrs ago! Beautiful food, beautiful setting and a warm welcoming atmosphere. Eleanor was an amazing host and Aaliyah (hope that’s spelt correctly) was cheerful, helpful and knowledgeable. Thank you so much.

Allow me to thank you for reviewing your experience at Aberdeen on Broadway.

I am delighted to read such positive comments about your evening with us. Consistency is what we strive for so I am so glad that 4 years on your visit was equally as pleasurable. I appreciate the fantastic feedback about Arleya and myself, it was truly a pleasure to look after you.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back in another 4 years if not sooner for yet another enjoyable experience.