“80th birthday celebration.”
Review of Aberdeen

Aberdeen
Reserve a table
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our Restaurant is in the heart of the CBD in Palmerston North. We have a well established menu that caters for all customers. Our very experienced Head Chef Dean Harris can cater to all dietary requirements - given the right amount of notice. We have a good selection of protein choices on the menu as well as excellent vegetarian options. Our desserts are exceptional. Come in and try our menu. 161 Broadway Avenue.
Reviewed 7 November 2023

The ambience & service were great but the food was absolutely divine.
From the scallop entree to the lamb done 3 ways main to the baked lemon cheesecake dessert, the flavours were incredible.
The biggest treat for my 80 yr old Mum was when the waitress carried out a tray with happy birthday iced on it & 2 rum balls & a marshmallow holding a candle.
Thank you so much Aberdeen for making my Mum’s day special.

Date of visit: November 2023
Leonie Hapeta, General Manager at Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2023

Allow me to thank you for reviewing your experience at Aberdeen on Broadway.

I am delighted to read such positive comments about your Mums special birthday celebration. It is so rewarding knowing that we could assist in making your night one to remember, with both the high quality of food and the attentive service.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future for yet another enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 4 November 2023

perfect steak, let down on potatoes - was expecting crispy Duck Fat potatoes and got gelatinous fatty lumps. Also had perfect steak there last month and tried 'Aberdeen' fries - very ordinary, from a packet? Prefer MacDonalds. Both times was directed to chair with huge depression in middle so that if I sat on it I would have to perch on the edge to put my feet on the ground. This was so uncomfortable had to request another table.

Allow me to thank you for reviewing your experience at Aberdeen on Broadway.

Receiving feedback, both positive and constructive enables us to elevate the areas of improvement. In regards to your disappointment with the potatoes, I am very sorry that you did not find these to be enjoyable. I have passed this feedback on to our kitchen team who will look to improve our potato option. I am however delighted to hear that you enjoyed your steak.

I do apologise that your experience could have been better and do hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 October 2023

Beautiful amazing service, however, my medium-rare steak with very undercooked and the salad was very disappointing.

Date of visit: October 2023
Leonie Hapeta, General Manager at Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2023

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Aberdeen on Broadway. Obviously we are very disappointed with this feedback as we pride ourselves on the food and service we deliver. I do however appreciate you taking the time to let us know so we can make improvements in regards to the food. Although you were let down with the food I am however delighted that you found the service to be of such a high quality.

We do hope that we can welcome you back,

Reviewed 25 October 2023

I absolutely without hesitation, highly recommend the Aberdeen Restaurant as the dining experience one should have as their first choice. Excellent meal and the service is very professional. Especially Madi, the person servicing our table. Very polite with a smile. It is the "go to" restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2023
Leonie Hapeta, General Manager at Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2023

Allow me to thank you for reviewing your experience at Aberdeen on Broadway.

I am delighted to read such positive comments about your wedding anniversary dinner. I am so very glad that we could help make this such a spacial memorable night for you both. I have passed this fabulous feedback on to Madi who is so pleased and appreciative.

Reviewed 24 October 2023

Great place for a steak, delicious entrees and good selection of wines. Our young waitress was very sweet and attentive. A complimentary happy birthday treat completed our dining experience. Big thanks and we'll be back.

Date of visit: October 2023
Review collected in partnership with www.restauranthub.co.nz

Allow me to thank you for reviewing your experience at Aberdeen on Broadway.

I am delighted to read such positive comments about both the service and the food. It is always such a pleasure and so rewarding to read such great feedback. I am pleased that you had a great birthday dinner and enjoyed our little complimentary truffle plate.