“Meals dropped in quality and prices have increased.”
Review of Aberdeen

Aberdeen
Reserve a table
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our Restaurant is in the heart of the CBD in Palmerston North. We have a well established menu that caters for all customers. Our very experienced Head Chef Dean Harris can cater to all dietary requirements - given the right amount of notice. We have a good selection of protein choices on the menu as well as excellent vegetarian options. Our desserts are exceptional. Come in and try our menu. 161 Broadway Avenue.
Reviewed 11 May 2021

This place used to be one of the best in town but the quality has gone downhill. Garlic bread at the start felt like it was microwaved not toasted. The eye-fillet steaks ordered were below a premium quality cut, and both mediums came out too raw and bloody, and one dessert we wanted was not available. Service was okay and friendly, even though one waiter was walking around in shorts and sneakers. Disappointing that this place seems to have lost its premium restaurant standards it used to have.

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank EmmaO1842
LEONIE HAPETA, General Manager at Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2022

Hi Emma,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Aberdeen on Broadway. Obviously we are very disappointed with this feedback as we pride ourselves on the food and service we deliver. I would appreciate the opportunity to apologise for the experience, as I do hope you can return in the future for a more pleasurable evening.

many thanks,

Leonie

Reviewed 15 April 2021 via mobile

The chairs were super-comfortable as we were directed to one of the tables that has ‘armchairs’. Staff were friendly and our starter and beers arrived swiftly. However, our main course took an hour! There were only three of us and we all had steaks so we were surprised at the long wait. I suspiciously thought the delay may have been to encourage us to purchase extra drinks as waitresses kept asking if we wanted another drink! A bit pricey too!

2  Thank Sus1952

Hi there,

Allow me to thank you for reviewing your experience at Aberdeen on Broadway.

Receiving feedback, both positive and constructive enables us to elevate the areas of improvement. In regards to long delay with your meals I do apologise, we pride ourselves in offering swift timely service so this is very disappointing to hear and I have taken this up with our kitchen team. I am however delighted to hear that very comfortable arm chairs as well as our friendly service.

I do apologise that your experience could have been better and do hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 April 2021

What a gorgeous establishment!
A very tentative server, yet not in your face!
A rather wet night, and it was a wonderfully warm inviting welcome. A buzzing atmosphere, and elegant decor.

Food was amazing, gorgeously cooked steak, fresh and vibrant salad, and smooth mash!

I will return.

Date of visit: April 2021
LEONIE HAPETA, General Manager at Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2022

Hi Alex,

Allow me to thank you for reviewing your experience at Aberdeen on Broadway.

I am delighted to read such positive comments about our restaurant. I am truly very appreciate that you have spoken so highly of everything from our quality of service, food, atmosphere and decor. It gives me great satisfaction to relay this amazing feedback to our front of house and kitchen team.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future for yet another enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 11 April 2021

Came in to Aberdeen to have a lovely evening with some of my friends and was really looking forward to having a nice night out. Was told by the waitress looking after our table the ice cream trio of the day special which was affogato ice cream (as well as vanilla and black Doris) which sounded incredible, so I ordered it. Ice cream came out and was boysenberry, vanilla, and black Doris, disappointing as I really don’t like boysenberry ice cream. Waitress came and meal checked our desserts and I told her I thought I was getting a different flavour, and that I don’t even like the ice cream, to which she awkwardly replied “sorry”, and wandered off. No following up with her manager, no fixing the bill or any compensation. Three small scoops of ice cream was absolutely not worth $17 either. Disappointing, quality of the place has evidently gone down in customer service. Used to be a gorgeous and luxurious place to dine, now I would say it’s the level of Lonestar.

Hi Emma,

Many thanks,

Leonie

Reviewed 28 March 2021

Delicious steak, cooked to perfection with the bonus of having bluff oysters in season and on the menu. Great service and a nice atmosphere

Date of visit: March 2021

Hi Dee,

Allow me to thank you for reviewing your experience at Aberdeen on Broadway.

I am delighted to read such positive comments about our restaurant. I am truly very appreciative that you have spoken so highly of our food offerings, as well as the quality of service and nice atmosphere. It gives me great satisfaction to relay this amazing feedback to our front of house and kitchen team.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future for yet another enjoyable experience, even better to come in around autumn for buff oyster season.