“Poor service”
Review of Aberdeen

Aberdeen
Reserve a table
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our Restaurant is in the heart of the CBD in Palmerston North. We have a well established menu that caters for all customers. Our very experienced Head Chef Dean Harris can cater to all dietary requirements - given the right amount of notice. We have a good selection of protein choices on the menu as well as excellent vegetarian options. Our desserts are exceptional. Come in and try our menu. 161 Broadway Avenue.
Reviewed 11 April 2021

Came in to Aberdeen to have a lovely evening with some of my friends and was really looking forward to having a nice night out. Was told by the waitress looking after our table the ice cream trio of the day special which was affogato ice cream (as well as vanilla and black Doris) which sounded incredible, so I ordered it. Ice cream came out and was boysenberry, vanilla, and black Doris, disappointing as I really don’t like boysenberry ice cream. Waitress came and meal checked our desserts and I told her I thought I was getting a different flavour, and that I don’t even like the ice cream, to which she awkwardly replied “sorry”, and wandered off. No following up with her manager, no fixing the bill or any compensation. Three small scoops of ice cream was absolutely not worth $17 either. Disappointing, quality of the place has evidently gone down in customer service. Used to be a gorgeous and luxurious place to dine, now I would say it’s the level of Lonestar.

Date of visit: April 2021
LEONIE HAPETA, General Manager at Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2022

Hi Emma,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Aberdeen on Broadway. Obviously we are very disappointed with this feedback as we pride ourselves on the food and service we deliver. I would appreciate the opportunity to apologise for the experience, as I do hope you can return in the future for a more pleasurable evening.

Many thanks,

Leonie

Reviewed 28 March 2021

Delicious steak, cooked to perfection with the bonus of having bluff oysters in season and on the menu. Great service and a nice atmosphere

Date of visit: March 2021
LEONIE HAPETA, General Manager at Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2022

Hi Dee,

Allow me to thank you for reviewing your experience at Aberdeen on Broadway.

I am delighted to read such positive comments about our restaurant. I am truly very appreciative that you have spoken so highly of our food offerings, as well as the quality of service and nice atmosphere. It gives me great satisfaction to relay this amazing feedback to our front of house and kitchen team.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future for yet another enjoyable experience, even better to come in around autumn for buff oyster season.

Reviewed 20 March 2021 via mobile

It’s busy and it’s sometimes crowded but the eye fillet steak meal is still the best. Cooked medium rare and finished with one of their desserts plus the bruschetta entree - a favourite for me:

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank Jane M

Hi Jane,

Allow me to thank you for reviewing your experience at Aberdeen on Broadway.

I am delighted to read such positive comments about the experience you had when dining with us. I am so glad you enjoyed our award winning steak, as well as one of our signature dishes, the house made bruschetta.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future for yet another enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 17 March 2021

Second time travelling to Palmerston North. We stumbled upon this place as an after thought and in replacement for our first choice.
We were not disappointed, some of the best steak I have ever eaten in New Zealand
Service and ambience is top notch and as a result we are back here again.
You won’t be disappointed, best goto restaurant in this area

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank Adamuchan

Hi there,

Allow me to thank you for reviewing your experience at Aberdeen on Broadway.

I am delighted to read such positive comments about our restaurant. I am truly very appreciative that you have spoken so highly of everything from our quality of steak, service and ambiance, and even more grateful that you stumbled upon our restaurant in the first instance. It gives me great satisfaction to relay this amazing feedback to our front of house and kitchen team.

Reviewed 21 February 2021 via mobile

We love this place! The meat is always cooked to perfection. Soft and tender and tasty. Great, central location.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank Fannda

Hi there,

Allow me to thank you for reviewing your experience at Aberdeen on Broadway.

I am delighted to read such positive comments about our restaurant. It gives me great satisfaction to relay this amazing feedback to our front of house and kitchen team.