“Still the best steak house in Palmy”
Review of Aberdeen

Aberdeen
Reserve a table
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our Restaurant is in the heart of the CBD in Palmerston North. We have a well established menu that caters for all customers. Our very experienced Head Chef Dean Harris can cater to all dietary requirements - given the right amount of notice. We have a good selection of protein choices on the menu as well as excellent vegetarian options. Our desserts are exceptional. Come in and try our menu. 161 Broadway Avenue.
Reviewed 20 March 2021 via mobile

It’s busy and it’s sometimes crowded but the eye fillet steak meal is still the best. Cooked medium rare and finished with one of their desserts plus the bruschetta entree - a favourite for me:

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank Jane M
LEONIE HAPETA, General Manager at Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2022

Hi Jane,

Allow me to thank you for reviewing your experience at Aberdeen on Broadway.

I am delighted to read such positive comments about the experience you had when dining with us. I am so glad you enjoyed our award winning steak, as well as one of our signature dishes, the house made bruschetta.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future for yet another enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 17 March 2021

Second time travelling to Palmerston North. We stumbled upon this place as an after thought and in replacement for our first choice.
We were not disappointed, some of the best steak I have ever eaten in New Zealand
Service and ambience is top notch and as a result we are back here again.
You won’t be disappointed, best goto restaurant in this area

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank Adamuchan

Hi there,

Allow me to thank you for reviewing your experience at Aberdeen on Broadway.

I am delighted to read such positive comments about our restaurant. I am truly very appreciative that you have spoken so highly of everything from our quality of steak, service and ambiance, and even more grateful that you stumbled upon our restaurant in the first instance. It gives me great satisfaction to relay this amazing feedback to our front of house and kitchen team.

Reviewed 21 February 2021 via mobile

We love this place! The meat is always cooked to perfection. Soft and tender and tasty. Great, central location.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank Fannda

Hi there,

Allow me to thank you for reviewing your experience at Aberdeen on Broadway.

I am delighted to read such positive comments about our restaurant. It gives me great satisfaction to relay this amazing feedback to our front of house and kitchen team.

Reviewed 10 January 2021 via mobile

Good location, nice food, great service, live music, good cocktails , craft beers and wine. Very friendly and professional staff.

Date of visit: January 2021
2  Thank 330giangd
LEONIE HAPETA, Manager at Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2022

Hi 330giangd,

Sorry in the delay of our reply to your experience at Aberdeen on Broadway. We thank you for taking your time to review us.

I am delighted to read such positive comments about your evening with us from the atmosphere, friendly and professional staff to your nice food. This is something we pride ourselves on.

Shanelle

Reviewed 21 December 2020

18 of us had our Christmas lunch there. The standard of service has definitely dropped, especially since the new owners took over. Waited nearly an hour for our meals.

Saving grace was my steak was beautifully cooked. The others in the group were happy with their meals too.

Date of visit: December 2020