“Always meet our expectations ”
Review of Aberdeen

Aberdeen
Reserve a table
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our Restaurant is in the heart of the CBD in Palmerston North. We have a well established menu that caters for all customers. Our very experienced Head Chef Dean Harris can cater to all dietary requirements - given the right amount of notice. We have a good selection of protein choices on the menu as well as excellent vegetarian options. Our desserts are exceptional. Come in and try our menu. 161 Broadway Avenue.
Reviewed 21 February 2021 via mobile

We love this place! The meat is always cooked to perfection. Soft and tender and tasty. Great, central location.

Date of visit: February 2021
1  Thank Fannda
LEONIE HAPETA, General Manager at Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2022

Hi there,

Allow me to thank you for reviewing your experience at Aberdeen on Broadway.

I am delighted to read such positive comments about our restaurant. It gives me great satisfaction to relay this amazing feedback to our front of house and kitchen team.

I do hope that we are able to welcome you back in the near future for yet another enjoyable experience.

Until then,
Eleanor

Reviewed 10 January 2021 via mobile

Good location, nice food, great service, live music, good cocktails , craft beers and wine. Very friendly and professional staff.

Date of visit: January 2021
2  Thank 330giangd
LEONIE HAPETA, Manager at Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2022

Hi 330giangd,

Sorry in the delay of our reply to your experience at Aberdeen on Broadway. We thank you for taking your time to review us.

I am delighted to read such positive comments about your evening with us from the atmosphere, friendly and professional staff to your nice food. This is something we pride ourselves on.

Until then,
Shanelle

Reviewed 21 December 2020

18 of us had our Christmas lunch there. The standard of service has definitely dropped, especially since the new owners took over. Waited nearly an hour for our meals.

Saving grace was my steak was beautifully cooked. The others in the group were happy with their meals too.

Date of visit: December 2020
2  Thank John J
Reviewed 20 November 2020 via mobile

Whole experience was just crap to be honest. Staff just continually asked if we wanted more drinks, got two rounds out of us then came back 15min later to take our food order.
Food took FOURTY FIVE minutes to arrive. Everyone else around us getting their food before us, yes totally understand that we ordered at the same time as a large table but considering we were only a party of five.
Chips and onions rings could have at least come out to keep us going!
Ok - so everyones food came out except for one persons steak. The reason his steak didn’t come out according to the waitress was ‘the chef undercooked it” what??? Undercooked a medium rare steak? More like they FORGOT to cook it.
Now I know this is a steak house so I won’t harp on too much about this but I got their ‘vegan vegetable stack’. What stack? Two hash browns with two small mushrooms on top that was literally UNEDIBLE. I love vegetables but I could not eat it. Tasted like electricity. Awful. Refused to pay for it.
You definitely go our moneys worth out of us with the drinks though! Cunning! Will NEVER return. Bloody hell. Great service though, girls were really friendly.

Date of visit: November 2020
1  Thank burnamicia
Reviewed 7 November 2020 via mobile

One of the best meals I have ever experienced. Everything about it was incredible. The service was great, the atmosphere was awesome, and the food. Omg the food. Easily one of the best meals I have ever eaten.

Date of visit: November 2020