“My 75 birthday celebrated here.”
Review of Aberdeen

Aberdeen
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 24 June 2017

I decided to bring my family here to celebrate my 75 birthday and I can only say a big thank you for the tolerance of the staff at this Restaurant. Due to fog in Auckland, 4 of my family members were unable to be with us and my eldest son and young grand-daughter were able to arrive rather later than the scheduled dining time, thus creating a possible problem for staff. However they dealt with the lateness with finesse and it was a great meal for both adults and children. Never easy to bring children to a "good" restaurant but I was pleased that it was as successful as it was. Meals good and a nice touch was Happy Birthday on the side of a plate of ice-cream which my grand-daughter devoured with great pleasure. Thank you to all concerned.

1  Thank Joan M

Reviewed 22 June 2017

Went out with some friends, going away party.
Don't normally order steak wherever we go, because it has mostly been disappointing, but that night I did.
Wow, what a steak, I'm going back. The service was also outstanding and we enjoyed the wittiness of the host. Bit pricey but worth it.

1  Thank cobusvanvuuren
Reviewed 5 June 2017

On the night we visited Aberdeen I decided to try the bluff oysters 3 ways - they were absolutely delicious. I had the oysters with mash and shared a vegetable side of brussel sprouts and bacon, which was also delicious. For dessert I ordered creme brulee which was so yummy!! It was a Tuesday evening and by the time we were ready for dessert the restaurant had filled up quite nicely. The ambience was pleasant and the service was great. We enjoyed our night out and will definitely be back, again!

1  Thank JayP77
Reviewed 4 June 2017 via mobile

We have been here many times and rate this place very highly. But not today. Boarder line epic fail. Forgot entrees. Messed up my wife's meal although preadvised about dietary needs. Even 2nd attempt failed. Every year we come here for Queens Birthday lunch with friends to enjoy the jazz. Thank goodness for the Jazz Hopefully this is a one off fail and not a sign of the times

Reviewed 1 June 2017 via mobile

Really good spot, went for dinner had exceptional service and top quality steak. Would totally recommend.

1  Thank bigonabeer