“Perfect balance; extensive menu”
Review of Chada Thai

Chada Thai
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Chada Thai offers fresh, authentic cuisine prepared by talented Thai chefs. The best Thai food comes from freshest ingredients. At Chada Thai, we source local produce, buy organic wherever possible and make most sauces by hand to ensure the freshness and authenticity of our dishes. Chada Thai chefs avoid MSG. and can cook vegetarian, semi-vegetarian, gluten free, or lactose-free meals to order. Plae your order by phone for pick-up with 15 to 20 minutes. Chada Thai Fresh Thai Cuisine
Reviewed 11 February 2021 via mobile

I just needed a Thai lunch today, and was very glad to take a recommendation from locals. My wife and I decided to order a la carte instead of choosing from the attractive and tempting $15 set lunch menu. We chose the starter platter for two, along with side dishes of salad and rice noodles. Perfect. Each component was delicious, and although the items on the platter are fairly standard, each was cooked to maximise flavour and texture. Most other places serve 5 pieces per person; Chada includes 6.

I particularly appreciated the care that has gone into producing the sauces - even the mayonnaise on the salad is obviously home made, with hints of orange (I think!) The sate sauce is delicious, though I’d spice it up a little more with chilli flakes (provided!) Plenty of reasons to return to this lovely place. Considering the attention to detail in flavour balance and presentation, the prices are extremely reasonable. I think some of the critical reviews must come from people who usually buy from cheap take-away outlets.

Strawberry-mint mock tail was a surprisingly delicious find, and some people would find it a good accompaniment for hot curry.

Date of visit: February 2021

Reviewed 12 March 2020

We were a large group of around 16 people of all ages. We showed up on a Sunday nite around 7pm no sooner had we ordered food starting coming. The service was quick and fast and the food came out quickly also. We were very hungry so we really appreciated that the food came out so quickly. Food was wonderful and the price matched. I had a chicken laksa, not too spicy just right for me. Beer was well priced also. If you want a cheap eat with great service head to Chada Thai.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 13 January 2020

We felt like a thai lunch so came across chada thai while visiting Palmerston North. They had a great lunch special which was an entree and a main for $15 - two of us had green curry chicken as our main and it was as good and as hot as I have had it in Thailand.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank angandbaz
Reviewed 26 August 2019 via mobile

My daughter took me to Chada That for a belated birthday. The service was on point very little waiting time before our meals arrived.
The food was delicious, the table was singing praise.
I won’t hesitate to recommend this restaurant food on point and reasonably priced.
See you next trip to Palmy.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed 17 July 2019

I ordered a medium heat Panang Curry and without exaggeration it is the best curry I have ever had. The heat was perfect, lovely consistency and a generous portion. I feel the price was fair and accurate for the meal.

Date of visit: July 2019