“Perfect brunch and coffee”
Review of Cafe Royale

Cafe Royale
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Cafe Royale is open 7 days in Palmerston North's iconic art deco Square Edge building. We make our own organic breads and cakes. We roast our own coffee under the Cowshed Coffee label. We carefully source other ingredients and free range meats to produce awesome food. Enjoy with delicious craft beers and New Zealand wines. Check out our menus on our website, and keep an eye out for upcoming events. Or just call in and say hello.
Reviewed 26 October 2018

Definitely worth the very positive reviews. a fabulous place to sit, good coffee and lovely brunch (also open for lunch).
Try the coconut bacon! (great vegan menu - which I am not - but it pleases non-vegans as well).
The serves are very generous.
We didn't have time the following day, but still got take-away coffees.

Date of visit: October 2018
CafeRoyalePN, Owner at Cafe Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2018

Hi thanks for the review. We roast our own coffee blend in an antique fire roaster. The bears are literally tossed through the flames. Very steam punk. Hope to see you again when you are back this way

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Great menu, plant based on one side of menu and normal on other. Great options for all restricted diets. Food was tasty, service friendly and coffee great!

Date of visit: September 2018
CafeRoyalePN, Owner at Cafe Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2018

Thanks Lizzie for the review. Though we do like to think of vegan food as normal. :)

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Highly Highly recommend for vegans, gluten free and anyone else! The coffee is always good especially when made by the wonderful Rachel who is a amazing waitress. Great Menu with many options for all meals of the day. And a cabinet full of treats too- try the peppermint slice.

Date of visit: September 2018
CafeRoyalePN, Owner at Cafe Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Thanks for the review.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I’ve eaten here twice so far on my latest trip to Palmy and both times the food was fantastic. My daughter is allergic to everything and can actually eat well here. They even have vegan aioli for her egg allergy. I’m vegetarian but not vegan, nor am I gluten intolerant like my daughter, and they have great “regular” food as well. And their coffee is awesome. I love the location in the art gallery and the customer service is fantastic, super friendly and very accommodating. Highly recommend!

Date of visit: September 2018
RobertW7569, Owner at Cafe Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Thanks very much for the review. We do believe that everyone should be able to have some choices in what food is available for them to eat. We are doing our best to provide wholesome healthy choices for everyone

Reviewed 16 August 2018

I have recently gone vegan and wanted to take my "meat and 3 vege" parents somewhere we could all eat when I was in town. Cafe Royale popped up in google so away we went. My step-mum has some weird allergies but the staff were very knowledgeable and helpful. She ordered the fish and loved it. I ordered the jackfruit burger and it was amazing, and even my meat-eating father and boyfriend ordered vegan dishes and loved them. They also have a good range of drinks and their vegan peppermint slice is to die for!

Date of visit: August 2018
CafeRoyalePN, Owner at Cafe Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Thanks.