Lowest prices for your stay
US$96
US$92
Hotels.com
US$96
CheapTicketsUS$96
eDreamsUS$92
PricelineUS$92
All reviews great location free fruit free wifi coffee plunger cooked breakfast enjoyed my stay comfortable room friendly owners sky tv stayed for one night great value for money two nights walking distance great stay motel cutlery sleep
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 October 2020

Called to book in person, very friendly and helpful. Lovely on arrival, offered free fruit and lollies.
Booked a king studio. Very modern and clean. Although kettle wouldn't fit in the sink to fill, so needed to use a cup for this. Updated small bathroom with toilet and shower, with supplied soap, body wash and shampoo/conditioner. Warm and quiet rooms, especially since on the main road. The outside is definately a character but I was presently surprised how nice the room was, especially since the room cost was competitive. Would definately stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2020

So the people running the place are super nice and they offer free fruit so all else is irrelevant.
But for real the room was very comfortable and clean, it even has plunger coffee for the real dogs out there.
Plus it's a castle.

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed 14 April 2020

We stayed here for two nights in second week of March. Young man at front desk is super helpful, very friendly and welcoming. A nice touch is the snacks and fresh fruit available at the front desk and we were urged to take as much as we wanted,

The room was clean and comfortable with fridge, coffee/tea making supplies, dishes and cutlery. No air conditioning but it was cool enough with windows open (which also let in a large weta that startled us awake in the middle of the night, a NZ experience for us).
We took advantage of the free laundry service, a nice treat.
Great location: walking distance to bus station, iSite, CBD and many shops & restaurants.
We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would recommend to anyone.

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 12 January 2020

We stayed for one night and had no problems whatsoever, good free WIFI, full SKY TV and comfortable bedding. The unit was clean and the young guy on the reception counter was friendly and funny. Coffee plunger was great.

Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 31 October 2019 via mobile

I arrived at the Fitzherbert Castle Motel after a long 5 hour drive, and I was about 90 mins early for check in. I thought I would at least ask if I could check in early but didn’t expect them to be obliging. The lovely young man was so friendly and accommodating; it was a wonderful welcome! I was in Palmerston North for a very stressful, emotional, personal experience and to be greeted so warmly and let in early was the perfect arrival for me!

A lovely little room; not flash but everything I needed! I was happy!

Bed was comfortable, with lots of pillows. And spare blankets in the closet.

Speaking of closet, it was perfect for hanging my clothes and had decent hangers!

Information provided was helpful! The included WiFi really helped me out also, and was one of the reasons I chose to stay there.

The location was absolutely bang on. So central and easy to find, easy to get to, and easy to zip in and out of.

Car parks were ample! I liked the drive in, drive through, drive out with barrier arm aspects.

Sky TV was awesome because in between my other obligations for the weekend I could still catch the live Sports and not miss out the whole weekend.

I really enjoyed my stay at the Fitzherbert Castle.... EXCEPT for the paper thin walls. It was such a disappointment considering the people were so nice and I liked every little touch in the room.

I could literally hear people peeing in their toilet in the next room.

I put earplugs in and settled in for the night (two nights I stayed), but was woken up to people talking very loudly outside my room. Now, the motel can’t be held accountable for loud talking, and perhaps it doesn’t say much about my earplugs either, but because the walls were so thin and perhaps not insulated well or definitely not sound proofed at all, it completely amplified EVERY noise from outside my room. Cars zooming around outside, etc etc. Hearing people use the toilets in the next room was extremely unnerving :(

As it happened, when the loud talking woke me up around midnight, I couldn’t get back to sleep. And what was perhaps the biggest day of my life ahead of me that next day, to only have an hour and a half of sleep because of thin walls and so much outside noise really affected me and my performance that next day.

However, if you’re a sound sleeper and/or a little hard of hearing, you will have no problem here!

Once again, I cannot say enough about the friendliness and cleanliness of the staff and the room.

Date of stay: October 2019