All reviews free wifi onsite restaurant standard room private spa happily stay here again an overnight stay stayed two nights main building business trip heat pump close to town gym accommodation roomy conference unit palmy
Reviewed 19 July 2018

We stayed in one the motel rooms at this property but had the advantage of hotel facilities (i.e. room service, restaurant, 24 hour reception desk). The room was a little dated but was clean and comfortable. The central location was perfect for getting to and various activities/shopping/eateries with the kids.

Room tip: School holidays could mean lots of sports teams staying at the same time
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Samuel-FOM, Front Office Manager at Hotel Coachman, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear AuntyLe0,

Thank you for your review and for your recent stay and stay with us.

We really appreciate your wonderful comments regarding the cleanliness of our rooms and great to see that you took advantage of some of the onsite facilities we offer to all of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Palmerston North.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Have stayed here a few times but this was terrible and we won't be back

Two adults and four kids in family room, 6 people and five pillows. Asked for more to be not they didn't have any, in my opinion of you are selling a room to six people you need to provide all with pillows!!
Morning came and 8 am no hot water.
Off to breakfast where the juice selection was Raro!!!

Just save yourself the order and stay elsewhere

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank ShannonCooper
Samuel-FOM, Front Office Manager at Hotel Coachman, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear ShannonCooper ,

Thank you for your review and for your recent stay and stay with us.

I'm sorry to see that your stay fell below standard and can only apologise for these shortfalls. We were fully booked in-house the night that you stayed which also lead to an influx of requests for extra pillows. I have asked our Housekeeping team to order additional spare pillows to ensure this does not happen again. I will also ask our Maintenance Team to double check our hot water supply as we had not received any feedback about this at the time.

Raro is a new one to me and I am not sure as to why this had been offered on our buffet. We have a variety of juices provided everyday so I will also follow up to see why this was not the case on this occasion and again I apologise for this.

Should you be visiting Palmerston North again in the future, please feel free to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist - fom@coachman.co.nz.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

George and I went to High Tea for my birthday. It was as good as usual and we were really spoiled because we had 4 international singers to entertain us. Other than some rude people in a big group who talked all the way through the entertainment, it was a lovely afternoon and we certainly didn't need dinner that night!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Samuel-FOM, Front Office Manager at Hotel Coachman, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear Joan M,

Thank you for your review of your recent High Tea experience in June.

It' really great to see that you enjoyed celebrating your special occasion at our high tea with the added bonus of the opera singers that we had for entertainment last month. We have received lots of positive feedback about the same and will share this with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

My wife and I stayed two nights in an Executive Suite upstairs. It was a very large, 1x bedroom unit with a big bathroom and large spa bath. The unit was very clean, with lovely towels, flannels and bed linen, but the decor is very dark. There was a kitchen sink with tea/coffee making facilities but no means of doing any dish washing - not even a cloth for wiping down the bench. Having said that, there was a heat pump in the lounge and a heater in the bedroom and so we were very comfortable. We dined in their dining room that night and found the experience most enjoyable - good staff and food.

Date of stay: April 2018
Samuel-FOM, Front Office Manager at Hotel Coachman, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Jaguar40,

Thank you for your review and for your recent stay with us.

I'm happy to hear that your stay in our Executive Suite was enjoyable and thank you for your comments about the cleanliness of the room and your dining experience in our restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Palmerston North.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Verging on quaint this is a lovely old hotel with good rooms and great breakfasts, staff are friendly and location is very central. My room had two double bed, one firm and one soft. Perfect. Lovely gardens

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Umbralady,

Thank you for your review and for your recent stay and stay with us.

I will share your kind comments with our staff about our breakfast and rooms.
We pride ourselves on our high level of friendly service and really appreciate your feedback in regards to this.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.