All reviews free wifi onsite restaurant standard room private spa happily stay here again an overnight stay stayed two nights main building business trip heat pump close to town gym accommodation roomy conference unit palmy
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Have stayed here a few times but this was terrible and we won't be back

Two adults and four kids in family room, 6 people and five pillows. Asked for more to be not they didn't have any, in my opinion of you are selling a room to six people you need to provide all with pillows!!
Morning came and 8 am no hot water.
Off to breakfast where the juice selection was Raro!!!

Just save yourself the order and stay elsewhere

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ShannonCooper
Samuel-FOM, Front Office Manager at Hotel Coachman, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear ShannonCooper ,

Thank you for your review and for your recent stay and stay with us.

I'm sorry to see that your stay fell below standard and can only apologise for these shortfalls. We were fully booked in-house the night that you stayed which also lead to an influx of requests for extra pillows. I have asked our Housekeeping team to order additional spare pillows to ensure this does not happen again. I will also ask our Maintenance Team to double check our hot water supply as we had not received any feedback about this at the time.

Raro is a new one to me and I am not sure as to why this had been offered on our buffet. We have a variety of juices provided everyday so I will also follow up to see why this was not the case on this occasion and again I apologise for this.

Should you be visiting Palmerston North again in the future, please feel free to contact me directly and I will be more than happy to assist - fom@coachman.co.nz.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

George and I went to High Tea for my birthday. It was as good as usual and we were really spoiled because we had 4 international singers to entertain us. Other than some rude people in a big group who talked all the way through the entertainment, it was a lovely afternoon and we certainly didn't need dinner that night!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Samuel-FOM, Front Office Manager at Hotel Coachman, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear Joan M,

Thank you for your review of your recent High Tea experience in June.

It' really great to see that you enjoyed celebrating your special occasion at our high tea with the added bonus of the opera singers that we had for entertainment last month. We have received lots of positive feedback about the same and will share this with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

My wife and I stayed two nights in an Executive Suite upstairs. It was a very large, 1x bedroom unit with a big bathroom and large spa bath. The unit was very clean, with lovely towels, flannels and bed linen, but the decor is very dark. There was a kitchen sink with tea/coffee making facilities but no means of doing any dish washing - not even a cloth for wiping down the bench. Having said that, there was a heat pump in the lounge and a heater in the bedroom and so we were very comfortable. We dined in their dining room that night and found the experience most enjoyable - good staff and food.

Stayed: April 2018
Samuel-FOM, Front Office Manager at Hotel Coachman, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Jaguar40,

Thank you for your review and for your recent stay with us.

I'm happy to hear that your stay in our Executive Suite was enjoyable and thank you for your comments about the cleanliness of the room and your dining experience in our restaurant.

We look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Palmerston North.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Verging on quaint this is a lovely old hotel with good rooms and great breakfasts, staff are friendly and location is very central. My room had two double bed, one firm and one soft. Perfect. Lovely gardens

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear Umbralady,

Thank you for your review and for your recent stay and stay with us.

I will share your kind comments with our staff about our breakfast and rooms.
We pride ourselves on our high level of friendly service and really appreciate your feedback in regards to this.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

Needed to book a couple of rooms for family members quite late in the piece and managed to secure 2 x motel based rooms at The Coachman. Rooms were exceptionally clean however agree the décor is dated. Had a lovely continental breakfast and the ones having the cooked option were happy too. Spa had too much chlorine added so smell was overpowering. Walking distance to everything CBD, easy to find and would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Samuel-FOM, Front Office Manager at Hotel Coachman, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Dear 421Angel,

Thank you for your review and for your recent stay and stay with us.

I'm glad to see that your stay was enjoyable and will pass on your kind feedback to our team in regards to the room cleanliness and our buffet breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.