See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 June 2018

This has to be the WORST accommodation I have ever stayed in! The first night the painting fell of the wall because the hanger had not been properly installed - and landed on my head as it was above the bed. Then the next evening I returned to find it (the painting) was still sitting on the couch after I had advised the front desk that morning? The guy on the desk was unkept, eating his breakfast at the desk with paperwork and general state of untidiness all around. The motel was unserviced! BEWARE they do not tell you anywhere that your bed will not be made, floor will not be vacuumed, bathroom wont be cleaned or even the soap wrappers wont be picked up (no rubbish bin in bathroom) and taken away. The room had many hairs in the bathroom and kitchen! The clock radio was not set and impossible to work out how to set (obviously why it was unplugged ) so why not just remove it. And the motel is it seems social welfare housing. Not that there is anything wrong with that BUT just because they probably don't service these rooms their standards have dropped elsewhere. Each SWH room had table and chair outside and the ashtrays were full all the time - surely the motel would clean at least these? Bottom line is you get what you pay for and it was cheap BUT they should advertise the fact you are buying an unserviced room!

Room tip: I recommend you don't bother
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2018

I booked my room at a discounted price otherwise it would have been quite expensive. I'm so glad I got the cheaper price as I would have hated to pay any more for it. I first had to ask for toilet paper as there was about 30cm left on the roll and no other roll. When I went to go to bed I found they have a top sheet, duvet inner then a bed spread over that. The duvet inner had a big circle of blood on it, which was not very appealing. Then when I went to have a shower in the morning, I found a dirty wet flannel in there. I wont be back that's for sure.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

This would be Ok for very short stay, if you’re just needing a bed for the night and happy for very basic. Pity the Microwave didn’t work.
There was very little water pressure in shower and towels were too small and very thin.
Very compact rooms.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Very nice, homely feel. The bathroom and kitchen were a little run down, but clean. Great location, just a small walk to the middle of town. There was also parking right outside my room which I really liked.

Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on my way to Wellington the room was clean and tidy and it was very quiet and peaceful. My fridge didn’t work however everything else was just fine.. I would stay here again Thankyou

Date of stay: October 2017