“Always good”

Alexandra Patisserie
Cuisines: French
Reviewed 20 September 2020

Alexandres is a real treasure to have in Palmerston North. We are so lucky to have such an excellent French patisserie in our town. The cakes and pastries are perfect and cannot be faulted. To order beautiful cakes and large versions of the various tarts and cakes can be made. Coffee is always excellent, to be recommended.

Date of visit: July 2020

Reviewed 11 July 2020

Good selection of savoury items for lunch. Croque monsieur was really good. My wife really liked the coffee and my hot chocolate was excellent.

Date of visit: July 2020
1  Thank MurrayP550
Reviewed 5 June 2020

Coffee and a large array of cakes and treats greeted us here, there is a sweet treat for everyone as well as french bread and other temptations. A lovely find tucked away in Coleman Mall

Date of visit: May 2020
Reviewed 22 February 2020

Tucked away in Coleman Mall is a tiny French patisserie.
On entering I found the staff to be very friendly and accommodating.
There is seating outdoors but lacking in decor. A few potted trees/ shrubs would give the court yard a French style.
Inside I thought it was lacking ambience and found it quite sterile.
There are magazines to read which is good.
Cabinet food with freshly baked bread and rolls which looked very appealing.
I made the decision to go sweet and selected a Mille feuille. Unfortunately I was dissapointed instead of a flakey,crispy, airy patisserie it was hard, cold and lacking in flavour. Not the first bad experience with a patisserie here.
The coffee is Inca Fe which I personally did not like.
I have been to patisserie in France and I was looking forward to a taste of French experience in Palmerston North but was disappointed.

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 11 December 2019

We passed by on out way back to the car about to head home to Napier. We were intrigued and stepped inside to be wowed by the cakes and pasties in the display cabinet. Amazing presentation, just like a French patisserie. We just had to stop for one more coffee....and enjoy a cake while we were at it.

Wow! I had an almond croissant and the Mrs had a cake with a French name I couldn't possibly spell right - and they were every bit as good as they looked. The coffee was perfect, and even the staff were super nice.

This place was off the charts good, some of the best cakes and pastries we've had anywhere in New Zealand, as good as anything I have had in Auckland or Wellington.

I wish Alexandra Patisserie was in Napier - and that's about the highest praise I can give it. It was wonderful!

Date of visit: December 2019