Hotels.com
Destinia.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 December 2020

My partner had to travel from Hamilton for a last minute family emergency midweek so I booked this motel for him while he was enroute. I purposely went directly to the motel's own website to book, hoping to save them booking fees. Their own website asked what time for check in and I advised 8.30pm which is when my partner guessed he would arrive at the motel.
Upon arrival at 8.10pm the host/owner rudely asked him why he was late as check in was 8pm as that was when the office closed, all the while moaning about 'jaffas' using booking.com which cost him money bla bla bla. My partner pointed out that he was actually earlier than his stated booking time and that I had done this on his behalf (directly through their own website mind you) as he was driving, but the owner carried on being rude and argumentative.
In hindsight, I should've read the reviews. The room was standard, basic and at least clean but would not recommend this motel.
NB: The following morning my partner found a notice in the room with office hours as Mon-Fr 7am - 10pm, ring the bell and we will attend shortly.
Terrible service from a long term motelier, especially as so many are struggling after covid. Perhaps they should sell up and do something more suited as they do not live up to their claims of being wonderful hosts as per their website.

Room tip: Do not choose any room, do not stay here.
Date of stay: November 2020
Reviewed 11 December 2019 via mobile

Carpets very worn & looked like they needed a clean, toilet didn’t flush and ran water constantly. Very dated decor, mattresses on beds uncomfortable. Price was applicable for the motel condition but could do with an update with decor and carpets.

Was easy access to town & takeaway shops

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2019

I got a laugh out of previous review as we also met "the owner" who told us we wasted money paying booking.com. However under that gruff voice was a very nice man who was tired of being there ten years, told us he doesn't leave keys out...
I was having eye operation in Palmerston North hospital and booked the night between the operation and the followup next day. He put the heater on for us and we went out for dinner at Rose and Crown Pub. Unit was $106 and was very good value, close to most places people visit...

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed 2 May 2019

This is a really lovely location next to a park with lots of trees and lawns for children to play in yet really handy to the city. The unit had well appointed facilities and the owner/manager was more than helpful. I have no hesitation in recommending this motel.

Room tip: We had the end room next to the park and it was very quiet.
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2019 via mobile

We left tauranga after a days work leaving at 3.30pm to stay at awatea the night before a photo shoot the next morning and heading back home again.Not knowing where to stay we looked up booking.com and booked two rooms the day before.on our trip down once we reached taihape at 7.40 pm we realized we would be about 15min to 30 min after checkin so we phoned ahead politely to notify thinking they would leave a key under Matt or in room. Told extremely rudely that we can find somewhere else to stay and we should not be so lazy he has been up since 6am. Called bloody lazy for using booking.com Explaining the situation made no difference.Four years on the road and I have never met anyone like this. Stay away from awatea. Cost us for another 2 rooms at another hotel who were much more considerate.

Date of stay: April 2019