“Poor service”

Namaste Bharat Authentic Indian Cuisine
Get food delivered
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Namaste Bharat is an authentic and ultimate restaurant in New Zealand. It is a milestone in the field of Indian scrumptious cuisines. The owner of Namaste Bharat Authentic Indian Cuisine is an Indian chef, named Hira Rana. The outlet is located at 61, The Square Palmerston North. The dine-in and takeaway restaurant remains opened from Tuesday to Saturday from 11am to 2pm for lunch. For dinner, the outlet remains open from 4:30pm to 9:30pm on all the seven nights. Fully licensed and BYO wine Dine in and Takeaway Delivery and Hotel / motel charging available Mastercard - Visa - Cash - Eftpos
Reviewed 18 December 2023

When I first went in I realised that I’d forgotten my phone, even before having a seat. I told them I’d be back after getting my phone from the nearby motel where I was staying. And as promised I went back and this time I was seated. Although presented a menu no one came to take even my drink order even after 12 minutes of waiting. Being a Monday evening, there was only another couple in this restaurant that seats about fifty at a time. I decided that this was enough waiting and they were not serious about the service or giving me a dining experience.

Date of visit: December 2023

Reviewed 12 December 2023 via mobile

You can't go wrong eating here. Rogan Josh, Lamb Korma.. Both excellent, in terms of texture, taste, spice level. Highly enjoyable.

Date of visit: December 2023
Reviewed 19 November 2023 via mobile

We ate here during a visit to Palmerston North for a tournament.

The atmosphere is really nice - a lot of effort has been put into the decoration and furniture, which makes the meal out more of an event.

The staff were really friendly and welcoming.

The Chicken Tikka Masala (hot) was tasty, less sweet than some I’ve had elsewhere, which worked well. Everyone else enjoyed their meal also.

I would eat here again next time I’m visiting Palmy.

Date of visit: November 2023
Reviewed 28 August 2023

It’s a thumbs down from me for charging $1 to take leftover dinner home. Not the NZ way. Food was ok. Service was excellent until they charged us a surprise extra $1.

Date of visit: August 2023
Reviewed 7 June 2023

We had a very nice meal here - the food was tasty - the Kashmiri Naan was very good - as well we liked the Palek Paneer and the Lamb Korma we ordered - all very filling and good. The mains came with rice which was fine. We would definitely return!

Date of visit: May 2023