“A very nice Indian Restaurant”

Namaste Bharat Authentic Indian Cuisine
Get food delivered
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Namaste Bharat is an authentic and ultimate restaurant in New Zealand. It is a milestone in the field of Indian scrumptious cuisines. The owner of Namaste Bharat Authentic Indian Cuisine is an Indian chef, named Hira Rana. The outlet is located at 61, The Square Palmerston North. The dine-in and takeaway restaurant remains opened from Tuesday to Saturday from 11am to 2pm for lunch. For dinner, the outlet remains open from 4:30pm to 9:30pm on all the seven nights. Fully licensed and BYO wine Dine in and Takeaway Delivery and Hotel / motel charging available Mastercard - Visa - Cash - Eftpos
Reviewed 30 November 2019

I stayed in Palmerston-North New Zealand for 12 days. This place is so good that I felt like eating there again and again. Aditya Bahuguna, the duty manager was quite courteous and hospitable. I would recommend it to all.

Date of visit: November 2019
6  Thank rev2000

Reviewed 30 October 2019

We stopped off in Palmerston on our road trip to Wellington. We went for dinner at the Royal Garden Indian after seeing the reviews on trip advisor and I must say I wasn’t disappointed! From the outside it just looks like a take away (the sign is a bit dated) but don’t let this put you off! The inside is lovely! The food was really good and the service was great! Would recommend! It was good value for money too!

Date of visit: October 2019
4  Thank StephCrane82
Reviewed 21 June 2019

Royal Garden Indian Restaurant was chosen to dine at after reading the positive comments on Trip Adviser reviews.
But it did seem strange I was the only seated customer for some time and even then only another 3 dinners. Yet the restaurant has a lot of phone business with people coming to collect their phone-in orders. The restaurant is very well decked out to create an impressionable Indian restaurant, probably better than most. Service is immediate given no one else there to serve at that time – I’m talking 5.30pm. I ordered tandoori chicken and a side being a platter of chutneys which I could use to add additional flavour and cool off some of the spice heat. Yes I did order ‘hot’ when asked as like to waken the taste buds. The chicken was delightful along with the selection of chutneys. The drinks menu is rather good for an Indian Restaurant – more than enough to choose from including beers, spirits and wines. However to follow the main I went for strawberry ice cream – this was a failure as extremely icy, lack of flavour and definitely not a well-known brand from around these parts. I failed to finish it as was eating tasteless dense icy ice cream. Yes I would go back just for the chicken. The best part - the food is very affordable as is the beer prices.

Date of visit: June 2019
7  Thank Max_O6363
Reviewed 6 May 2019

Lovely and a bit spicy...but so tasty. You can taste the individual spices. Recommend the goat madras...best I've ever had. Quick delivery too.

Date of visit: May 2019
6  Thank Kikki0
Reviewed 16 April 2019

My title says it all really. New favourite is lamb sagwalla (lamb in spinach and tomato sauce). Cheese/garlic naan has plenty of cheese. Generous bowl of rice for the table.

1 x entree, 2 x mains, 1 x naan, 1 x beer, 1 x wine - $60.50. Excellent value.

Service is polite and well-paced.

Date of visit: April 2019