“Thoroughly enjoyable night out”
Review of Nero Restaurant

Nero Restaurant
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We met at periwinkles restaurant many years ago, both young, passionate and enthusiastic trainee chefs. One qualified, we opened our first restaurant 'Vasseur on Broadway' a successful boutique 35 seat restaurant which we owned and ran for 10 years. In 2000 we purchased and then transformed this beautiful 1920's homestead into what Nero is today. A few years on, with two wonderful boys- Jack and Harry, numerous awards, and a fantastic team of staff, we are still passionate and enthusiastic, but not as young as we once were! "NERO, WHER THE FOOD IS THE HERO" Yvette and Scott Kennedy PROPRIETERS
Reviewed 6 November 2018

I took my partner out for dinner for his birthday. Kitchen staff made an effort upon request to write on his dessert plate. Waitress and perhaps owner had a professional yet friendly serving approach. Food was exceptional. Atmosphere is warm and stylish. We will definitely be back!

Date of visit: November 2018
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank Vacation47859108837

Reviewed 24 October 2018

We had our wedding reception at Nero last weekend and it was fantastic!Yvette deserves special mention. She was helpful and patient right through the planning process. She was accommodating of our requests and responded to emails promptly. We felt like every detail was taken care of for us. Even last minute changes and my minor panics were handled with kindness and ease. She and the team decorated the tables for us and the restaurant looked beautiful. On arrival on our wedding day, Yvette met us at the door with our favourite drinks already poured and that was just the beginning of an evening when we felt like royalty! Our guests were well looked after from start to finish by the lovely front of house team. Yvette, you are a stunning hostess!Scott and the kitchen team did their usual amazing job. The food was wonderful as always, even with 60 guests. The set menu was delicious and diverse, catering for all dietary needs and our kids tastes as well. We have had so many comments about how awesome the food was! Special mention has been made of the steak and the mousse. I had the fish and it was cooked perfectly.Thank you, Scott and Yvette, for making our special day even more special.

Date of visit: October 2018
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
1  Thank MiaK917
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Restaurant for a treat. Don't stress over trying to find a Palmy restaurant for lunch or dinner. Make straight for Nero's. Good service, never been disappointed. Good drinks selection.

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank 746gillian
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

We dine at different restaurants each month. We were looking forward to another quality meal at neros. While I had the steak which was amazing the menu seemed very limited in the choices available. We would have loved to have had a salad option available.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Jackie P
Reviewed 3 October 2018

I like to choose my birthday dinner venue and was so pleased I chose Nero! Although the place was busy, the service was personal and we didn't wait long for our drinks and order to be taken. My husband had the steak and I had pork belly - both were excellent. I don't mind that the prices are a bit on the high side; in this instance yiu get what you pay for. Fantastic experience all round

Date of visit: August 2018