Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$102
Hotels.comUS$102
PricelineUS$102
CheapTicketsUS$102
eDreamsUS$102
TravelocityUS$102
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 February 2020 via mobile

Just 2 nights here on the way to Wellington.

Very inexpensive

Spotlessly clean.

Comfy bed.

Good sized room with a spa bath.

Helpful staff.

Quite a walk into the city centre (20 mins) but all flat, so not too arduous.

No problems at all really.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2019 via mobile

When I booked initially I thought I had chosen a room with a round spa, however when I got to our room I realised I’d booked a studio with only a spa bath. The owner allowed me to change rooms (for a small cost) and upgrade. We were put in a quiet room far from street noise and allowed my husband to keep his motorbike under the eaves on the footpath out of the weather. The room was spacious with a good selection of teas, coffee and hot chocolate. The spa was fabulous and just what we needed after riding the bike. My only negative point would be that the beds were too soft and not great if you have back issues, otherwise this was a great overnight stay.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanne H
Reviewed 24 February 2019 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights with my sister in upstairs room with double and two single beds. Small kitchenette with kettle, fridge and microwave. Shower over bath in very dated bathroom with sliding door. Ok for a cheap stay as near enough to walk into city and free parking but I would not stay again. It was just too grim for me.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Braemar_Motor_Lodge, Manager at Braemar Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2019

HI, dear,

Sorry all our units are ground floor. We do not have upstairs room. Do you think what you reviewed is not the same one you stayed? I am so sorry hearing your unpleasant accommodation experience.

Kind regards,

Braemar motor lodge
177 Ruahine street
Palmerston north

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

fantastic stay here for business at the hospital. has everything youd want and really clean. near everything you would reasonably want. really well looked after by vicky. i look forward to staying again.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Hw-n-Jc
Reviewed 15 June 2018

I chose the Braemar as it has a one bedroomed unit with the Queen bed in the bedroom and two singles in the lounge. This allowed our colleague to get extra sleep in the bedroom, whilst two of us early risers could pot around. The host was very friendly, and accommodated to our needs. The full breakfast was delicious, and reasonably priced. The unit was spotless, and the beds were comfy. It was a chilly night, so it was great to park outside the room, and to have a hearty heater and electric blankets. I also requested the room away from the road, and wasn't bothered by any traffic noise.

Room tip: I recommend ordering the Full Breakfast menu.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Braemar_Motor_Lodge, Owner at Braemar Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Dear Wiki and Tiri,

We really loved reading your review and thank you for taking the time to do so. We love to hear that our guests have had such a pleasant stay with us. The entire staff always do our best to ensure every guest has an enjoyable and memorable stay.

It was a great pleasure to accommodate and meet you ladies. Thanks again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,