Lowest prices for your stay
$260
Perry B
Sydney, Australia

Very Good in March!

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 18 May 2022
This was the first time that I had stayed in the more modern Tower wing of the Distinction. I arrived late at night and found the check in procedure smooth. The room was cheerful and well appointed. I was thoroughly rested the next morning.
Date of stay: March 2022
Room Tip: The Tower block rooms are very good, although i do love the Heritage ones.
3.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    $128
1.1 km from Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre
2.0 km from Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre
View more hotels in Palmerston North
All reviews older part the air conditioning breakfast buffet new zealand cuba palmy
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 April 2022 via mobile

Really impressed with the Distinction Palmerston North, Cuba Street. The room was very spacious, large king bed which was extremely comfortable and an amazing huge bathroom with super relaxing spa bath. I had to do some work so desk set up worked a treat and no problems with the internet access.

My room was on second floor, super dark and quiet for sleeping. Breakfast buffet was as you would expect for offerings and tasty.

Staff very welcoming, polite and friendly. Parking easy to access and very safe.

Highly recommend.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank JudithN179
Reviewed 10 February 2022 via mobile

Comfortable stay overall but shower curtain around a bath will always end up with water everywhere in the bathroom and no genuine aircon in room do a fan is provided which I used all night. Breakfast has a coffee machine with only 3 settings: mocha, long black, espresso. First attempt at the long black left no room for milk and the milk jug either didn't pour when you were careful or poured all over the floor when you weren't. I tried the espresso next and the coffee was cold. Now that I had poured milk all over the floor, there would be a wait for cappuccino which was at an extra cost to me. After being canceled on flights out of Palmerston North the previous day I was pretty over it and decided to head to the airport to get a coffee.

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2021

We visisted for a weekend and were amazed at how reasonable the prices were, especially for the quality of room and hotel. It was a great weekend, the room was large, king size bed and very comfortable. We enjoyed having a few drinks in the bar, the location was central to town, the staff were friendly, even opening the bar early for us on a public holiday!! Very much appreciated. We will definitely be back.

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank Lynne M
Dean Nicol, General Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2021

Dear Lynne M
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. Feedback is very important to us and it is always encouraging to receive 5 stars.
I am pleased you had a great weekend and that your room was comfortable. We have recently been upgrading a range of our beds in some of the rooms and we expect this will have a further positive impact on our guest experience. Again we really appreciate your time and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 26 May 2021 via mobile

Dirty coffee cups had to wash to use shocking restaurant experience was terrible no one in there waited forever for service asked for gin ran out the night before ordered food took forever and prawns were horrible ordered ice cream desert had to ask several times before it arrived have stayed here many times usually not to bad but this stay was shocking really really disappointed I doubt we’ll return

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dean Nicol, General Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2021

Dear Guest,
I am disappointed to read your review regarding your recent stay at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel. All of the issues you have mentioned are based on service delivery and we just need to be better than what you have experienced. I have followed this up with the kitchen team already and I will be speaking to the housekeeping and restaurant teams about your review. Feedback is an important part of our improvement process and I do appreciate you taking the time to provide us with this feedback. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity and if you contact me directly I would like to personally ensure your next stay would be a positive one.

Reviewed 16 February 2021

Fab, quiet location steps away from cafes, restaurants and shops. Free secure parking.

We had an older style room, was a bit dated but spotlessly clean. Bed and pillows were comfortable and had super blackout curtains. Shower was over a bath with a curtain. Price point of $153 (booking.com) was on par with the room and cheaper to book online than through the hotel.

Staff were awesome. Was able to park early and check in a tad earlier. They even found a phone charger for me when I forgot mine. Thanks guys, would stay again.

Room tip: Ask for one of the newer refurbished rooms
Date of stay: February 2021
Dean Nicol, General Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2021

Dear RocheMaree
It is always excellent to receive 5 star reviews and I will be celebrating this with the team. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay at Distinction Palmerston North and you have highlighted that the staff were awesome. We work hard to provide a level of service that provides our customers with a positive experience and it is nice to know when this hard work pays off. Our rates should be the same across all channels and it is disappointing to read that you could obtain cheaper rates on Booking.com. This is not generally the case and I will look into why this has happened on this occasion. I would like to thank you for your all important feedback and for providing the hotel with your encouraging review.
All the best with your future hotel stays.