Lowest prices for your stay
US$120
US$121
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$118
PricelineUS$120
Hotels.comUS$121
CheapTicketsUS$121
All reviews secure parking business hotel older part the air conditioning twin room good size would stay again bed and pillows buffet breakfast central location new zealand nosh cafes square palmy curtains cbd
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 February 2021 via mobile

I stayed over team champs weekend and the room was good and the bed was so good and the bathroom was a good size and the buffet breakfast was so good and will definitely stay again but in a different room

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Dean Nicol, General Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2021

Dear Guest
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide the hotel with feedback from your recent stay. I was very pleased to see your 5 star rating and it is always encouraging to know that our customers enjoy the hotel and services we are offering. Team Champs weekend is always the busiest of the year and we are as a team are very stretched but again great to know we can still deliver a good experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back again next time you are coming to Palmerston North and wish you all the best with your future travels.
Kind Regards Dean Nicol

Reviewed 18 November 2020

The room was lovely. Both my colleague and I who both stayed there on business commented on how comfortable the bed was. Slept like a baby. Highly recommend.

We also enjoyed a nice meal in the evening and breakfast was good too.

Date of stay: November 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Dean Nicol, General Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2020

Dear diddymonsta038
Thank you for the 5 star review! It is always encouraging to receive positive feedback and let others know when our guests enjoy their hotel experience.
We hope to host you again in the near future.
Very Best Regards

Reviewed 25 October 2020

Booked a tower twin room for 2 adults & 2 children.
Check in process fast and smooth. Very limited onsite parking.
The room was of a small size with 2 double rather than 2 queen beds. Very dated with bedspreads that need a good clean.
The bathroom is tiny dated. The plastic surround on the toilet cistern buttons was cracked and broken. Shower water pressure is terrible and the shampoo and conditioner from the previous guest was not removed.
Aside from the outlet for the kettle/jug the only powerpoints were under the bedside table which was a bit awkward to access.
The buffet breakfast was excellent and the manager friendly and helpful.
Overall the hotel needs a throughly good clean inside and out, the tattered New Zealand flag hanging out the front sets the tone for a hotel that needs some time and money spent on it.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank KerrynL17
Dean Nicol, General Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2020

Dear Kerryn

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review and provide the hotel with all important feedback.
Great to see that check in was fast and efficient and that your breakfast experience was positive.
The Tower Twin rooms are advertised as 2 Double Beds and generally are a good size room. Our other property in Palmerston North the Distinction Coachman Hotel does offer larger family units with separate bedrooms which can be better suited depending on your requirements.
I was disappointed to read your comments about the cleanliness and maintenance of your room. There is no excuse for this level of presentation and I have already followed up with housekeeping regarding the room and the overall presentation of the hotel. Cleanliness is such a key aspect of our business and there is a large focus on this from the entire team.
A very good point on the Flag, well over due to be replaced. Again I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to my attention and please be assured that we are working on the overall presentation of the hotel.
I wish you all the best with your future travels and would like to thank you for supporting the Industry by staying with us.
Stay well

Reviewed 12 October 2020 via mobile

Check in was very fast and the staff were efficient. The car parking was free and very secure as you used your room key to enter the gated park. We stayed on the first floor and our room was very spacious, the closet was sliding glass mirror doors which I found very nice to do my makeup and hair in the morning. The bathroom was pretty average but it did the trick. The only fault I could give this place is that the outside seems quite dated compared to the inside.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Dean Nicol, General Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2020

Dear Guest
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. Feedback is an important part of our improvement process and it is always pleasing to receive positive reviews.
I will be sharing your review with the team as we like to celebrate our successes. (especially this year)!
We are holding off on the frontage at this stage as we have plans to redo a lot of the outside materials and would like to do this properly but you are right it is showing it's age.
I wish you all the best with your future travels and hope that we can welcome you again if you are travelling to Palmerston North.
Warm Regards

Reviewed 12 September 2020

Booked and paid for 3 people. Booked a tower room with Queen bed and pull out sofa. Went to check in and was told that I couldn't have one of those rooms as didn't specify that I needed a sofa made up. I'm confused, did they think we were all staying in the same bed??? Anyway, the guy on the counter couldn't have cared less and said we had to shift to another room, supposedly with a queen bed and a double bed. Sounded okay but no such luck, certainly no queen bed in that room! Later when we got back to the room we discovered there were only 2 towels, 2 glasses, 2 mugs etc. When I brought this up the next morning on checkout the guy also couldn't care less, said it was a housekeeping error. Still not sure why I had to pay for the 3rd person???

Date of stay: September 2020
Dean Nicol, General Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2020

Hi Jason D

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay. I am disappointed to read your comments and the way the staff have handled your entire stay. The room you were booked into has a Queen bed and pull out sofa which was prepared for your arrival. The staff member that checked you in hasn't followed through on checking the room was prepared but instead has opted to move you to one of our twin rooms that has 2 double beds. As these rooms are already made up for 2 people and it was not the room you were originally allocated there would not be any extra toweling set up.
I would like to personally apologise for the service you have received and for the error made by our staff. In regards to the rate you were booked on a bed and breakfast package and that is why you paid for the 3rd person. Generally you wouldn't pay for extra people in the room unless you have a package deal. To say you were ripped off is incorrect but you definitely did not receive the level of service you would expect from our team and again I would like to personally apologise for this. I can assure you Jason D that I will be following up with all staff involved in the incident to ensure we get it right going forward.
Stay well and stay safe.
Kind Regards