Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$120
View deal
Expedia.comUS$121
Hotels.comUS$121
PricelineUS$120
CheapTicketsUS$121
eDreamsUS$120
TravelocityUS$121
All reviews secure parking business hotel older part the air conditioning twin room good size would stay again bed and pillows buffet breakfast central location new zealand nosh cafes square palmy curtains cbd
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 February 2020

We stayed here one night thankfully. The air conditioning in the room did not work the entire night. We had the front desk up twice and neither time fixed it. This was summer and it was steamy hot. The windows were filthy and the garage was full of bird messes.

Date of stay: February 2020
DistinctionTeam, General Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2020

Dear Guest
Thanks for taking the time to write a review and provide the hotel with all important feedback.

Air conditioning can be a problem at this time of the year with the high demand on the units. We do run a maintenance program to ensure all of the preventative action is taken but yes there can be problems that our front desk staff are able to deal with on the night. Any issues are followed up with our contractor and when possible we will always look to move guests if there is a problem we cannot rectify. It is unfortunate that this has put a damper on your stay but I do hope that you would give us another opportunity if you were travelling through Palmerston North again in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 February 2020

Room 110 is ordinary but it’s windows recreate the gloomy colours of an Australian Bush Fire
Please wash them
The welcome was indistinct as he called me by someone else’s name but entry was smooth
Your view is ordinary but you’d have to be legally blind to benefit from the grime and gloom
John Cleese would love it

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
DistinctionTeam, General Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2020

Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay.

It is disappointing to receive negative feedback and the fact that we have missed the cleanliness of the outside window in room 110. I have personally ensured that this window has been cleaned and will set up a cleaning schedule going forward, to avoid any other customers having a similar experience.

I would recommend booking a room on the Tower side as these rooms are more modern and due to the location have a better view of the city with much larger windows.

I hope that you would give us another opportunity to host you in the future and again I appreciate your time and feedback.

Very Best Regards

Reviewed 26 January 2020

We grabbed a deal on a room here as a way to break up a trip home from Taranaki on what promised to be a busy day for the road south at Otaki.
Turned out to be an amazing blessing.
The beds were comfortable, the secure parking was awesome for our very full car, staff were friendly and arriving in at 4pm rather than arriving home at more like 8pm with a tired 6yo.

Date of stay: January 2020
DistinctionTeam, Front Office Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2020

Thank you Amelia for taking the time to review us.

We are pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us. We pride ourselves on guest comfort, which means investing in great beds!

It is also great to hear that you were able to use our secure carpark, which we offer complimentary for our guests.

It's always great to keep 6 year olds happy when travelling, we hope to see you again soon!

Regards

Shelley Hobson-Powell
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 29 December 2019 via mobile

I stayed over Christmas as a base to visit friends and the service from every person I encountered was wonderful.

From the first person I saw who greeted me warmly and took my things to my room for me.

To the chef who cooked my an omelette to perfection as I wanted it.

Bar person and wait staff with chery proficient service.

The room was spotlessly clean and i loved the vintage lift reminiscent of those amazing retro buildings in NY.

Awesome job Distinction. Thank you for looking after me so well.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
DistinctionTeam, Front Office Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2020

Good Morning Inverele,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us in Palmerston North. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and our team were attentive and helpful.
It is always great to hear positive feedback and that our team are striving to offer the best customer service to each and every guest we have stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Palmerston North again soon.

Kind regards,

Cherie Hughes
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 20 November 2019

A good basic hotel in a handy location. Far enough away from the Square to be nice and quiet but close enough for you to be able to walk into the Square and the surrounding restaurants and bars. Our room was spacious with a big comfortable bed and a good ensuite bathroom.

The older part of the hotel had been nicely renovated and the old elevator was a real attraction. The buffet breakfast was very nice and the small bar quite comfortable for a chat and a drink. All staff we had contact with were pleasant and helpful. We would stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2019
2  Thank Paddy-Relle
DistinctionTeam, General Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2019

Dear Paddy-Relle
I would like to firstly thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel.
It is always very pleasing to receive positive feedback from our customers and we enjoy celebrating these successes as a team.
The old elevator is an attraction and one of the oldest operating elevators in the southern hemisphere. I have to say it is more reliable than our modern ones, it just continues to run never missing a beat.
Again I appreciate your time and review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the future.
Very Best Regards