“Nice cafe”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for a hot drink and a muffin. Nice close location in the inner city. It was a beautiful day so wish I could have stayed and enjoyed the sun longer

There are newer reviews for Bethanys

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Very tasty Salmon special (with cous cous, yoghurt, green beans, pumpkin purée) and delicious fillet steak cooked beautifully. Only disappointments were the kids rock hard chocolate cake and the staff lack of concern at hearing an adverse comment. Service was efficient for the main course but then really, really slow for the kids dessert. Attentiveness dips when they get busy.

Reviewed 24 February 2017

Lovely evening dining alfresco overlooking the Square. We were a party of 10 who arrived midweek without a reservation. Staff were friendly and efficient. Everyone really enjoyed their meals. Best beef fillet steak I have had for ages. Three chose the chicken salad (on the recommendation of a guest already eating there) and really enjoyed it. Creme Brulees also went down well.

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

Wanted to have breakfast at a nice cafe that was close to my hotel. Favourable reviews steered me to Bethany's. Ordered my fav. brekkie( eggs benny)when away from home and wasn't let down at all. In fact it was very very tasty. Didn't have to wait long to be served and the same can be said while waiting for my coffee and the eggs. Staff were nice and friendly so it all made for a very favourable experience and a great start to the day. Thank you Bethany's.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

We go to the restaurant a lot and so it was our choice to take grandson and his lady. George's meal was fine, mine was not. I specifically asked that hollandaise NOT be put over my scallops but still got it so sent it back. The meal was returned and the scallops were just not up to standard. They were swimming in a jus or liquid and the presentation was not good, neither was the taste. I did tell the maitre de and he brought the chef out and I paid for half my meal. We are going back tonight for a Valentine Dinner so am a bit apprehensive.