All reviews electric frypan an extra bed within walking distance great location light sleeper would stay again off street parking main road great place to stay shower microwave unit motel jug heaps key tidy
Reviewed 9 February 2018

I travel for work and usually stay at the bigger hotels in palm north. Tried the Aspree and it was great! Really new and well furnished rooms and lovely check in......I was lucky and given a one bedroom unit as I mentioned I wanted to cook. Would def book this type of room again as it was so spacious and pleasant. I am a light sleeper and found the bed super comfortable and the room quiet.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Always stay here when in Palmerston North whether it's personal or work. Rooms are comfortable and clean. Book same room every year for Stockcar Teams weekend. Staff are friendly and helpful. Definitely recommend staying here. Couple of restaurants, a bar, 2 liquor stores, subway, 2 supermarkets, atm's all within walking distance.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 December 2017

1) The compressor in the fridge was VERY noisy. In the end to get to sleep I had to turn the fridge off. Of course, this meant that in the morning there was a pool of water on the floor…
2) No standard breakfast tea available in the room.
3) Somewhere nearby there sounded like a scrap metal yard, for most of the night all I could hear over the noise of the fridge was the sound of crashing metal bins, forklifts and reversing trucks.

In favour, the shower was clean and powerful.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2017

Wish I had read these reviews before I booked. Agree with the person who says double check what you are booking. The 2 bedroom apartment is not a two bedroom apartment at all though is priced at similar rates to other motels that offer this service. Basically two units with a connecting door with hardly enough room to swing a cat and no sitting area. Not ideal for a family at all. The staff were really rude when we explained we didn't want to stay as it wasn't as advertised - said we should have asked more questions and then charged us $20 - yes - $20 because one of our party had done a wee in the toilet - not used the soap or towels - so a clean up job would take me about 2 mins...... Not good value for money and rude staff - really disappointing

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2017

Photos didn't do justice to how lovely, contemporary and new the rooms were that we stayed in. We needed to add an extra bed last minute to our booking and when we arrived in the late evening, the rooms were set up nicely, heater was on and it felt very warm and inviting. The welcoming staff were lovely the next morning and were very helpful. the beds are some of the most comfortable we have been in when staying away from home. The location is perfectly set in town so everything was within walking distance. We happened to be there on a saturday and right behind the motel was the local market day so we got to grab great local foods and coffee in our back door. great cooking facilities as well. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family