Lowest prices for your stay
US$112
View deal
eDreams
PricelineUS$111
StayForLong
Destinia.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 February 2019

The ONLY positive to come from our experience was being able to stay with our dogs at this establishment.
Having stayed here previously under other owner, the place has become a shabby and quite frankly dreadful experience of its former self.
I wouldn't advise anyone to stay here as attention to detail in cleanliness is lacking, the fact that serval units were occupied by house NZ tenants that would audibly fight and carry on till all hours is not an exaggeration. Obviously its easy money for the current owners that lack any and all customer service skills and their ability to look after their guests leaves a lot to be desired.

Room tip: Find somewhere else !
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dee N Allan C
Reviewed 20 February 2019 via mobile

Lynn and Brett at any motel/Hotel. I have ever been to in my small 23 years of life this has been the worst experience of my life. I rate ur service less then a zero poor communication, angry lady, and scary . Took kai out of my motel room. Treated my five year old and partner with no respect. And you swore and laughed at me. Anyone I know or had to direct to a motel this would be the last place I'd send anybody on planet earth. I wouldn't even send my worst enemy. I feel bad to any person that has to tolerate you and ur service at "you're" motel. "Lynn and brett",

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Katyparson18
Reviewed 16 December 2018

our room key fell out of my partners bag in a friends car on our way out. on our return to the motel at 9.40 pm i rang the bell so i could get a key to gain access to the room, we where met with anger and abuse from the owner.the next morning on our way to our friends to retrieve our key and return it ireceived an angry phone call demanding we return to the motel and pay for a new key.horrible experience.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Carroll E, Owner at Palmerston North Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2018

Dear Rm2 guest, Thank you for allowing us to respond to all readers. It was 10pm when you rang our reception door which clearly displayed a closed sign. Not looking after your room key is irresponsible behaviour and very very rarely have guests ever done this before you, actually you're the second in 3 yrs. We have charged $50 for late call out fees in the past. A missing key fee is also a minimum of $10 to cover the replacement cost so when you again left in the morning (when reception was open) and failed to report to reception to explain what you intended to do ( and an apology would have been lovely). Leaving without paying is theft which again is why I was upset with your behaviour a second time. Any guest who thinks you have the right to be angry can please book elsewhere. You did not approach an owner at any point in this most upsetting guest conduct.

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

Great tidy unit that allowed a dog. Very helpful, friendly and obliging.

Great quiet spot and excellent value for money.

Would definately stay here again when in Palmerston North.

Swimming pool and there was a spa bath in the unit.

Only downside was no aircon but the fan was sufficient.

Close to shops & amenities.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

The folk at the reception were rude, the kids were chased out of the pool at 6:05pm for being noisy, and the trampoline was broken. Nothing positive to say about this place apart from the location which is very convient and outside the things they managers can mess up.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank JamieT2238
Carroll E, Owner at Palmerston North Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

I'm sure readers will respect that as owners we look for the enjoyment of all guests but there are unfortunately times when visitors forget to respect the needs of others. Unsupervised children in our pool area is both dangerous and allows activity to happen that other guests dislike, such as squealing. Our policies on noise, supervision and 1 person at a time on a trampoline will be considered quite sensible by future guests. Parents play an important role in supervising their children and this must remain the case when on all motel sites around the world. Thank you for reminding all review readers of their expectations so that they know they will be able to enjoy our facilities on their visit.