Lowest prices for your stay
US$99
Reserve now, pay at stay
PricelineUS$94
CheapTicketsUS$99
eDreamsUS$94
All reviews across the road stay there again spacious room lovely hosts great room motel palmerston esplanade unit milk kitchenette
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 May 2021

Their booking system is confusing and flawed. The confirmation emails they send make no sense and have errors regarding payment. If a confirmation email states 50% of payment has already been paid, it should be correct - not to turn around and say they never charged you at that time.

After the staff indicated to me she would look into it, I was notified that my card had been charged. This is not the communication or customer service I would expect when you are paying for a service.

I have not had an experience with making payment like with this motel. It’s asking for confusion and error.

The staff are friendly enough however very hard to communicate with which makes errors much worse.

Rooms themselves were fine, very tired however.

Will definitely not be returning

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
SUNNY YU, General Manager at Harringtons Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2021

Thank you for your review. We kindly ask you please advise the bank receipt if you already paid ,but not the reservation confirmation letter. Should you have any inquires ,please do not feel hesitated to contact us.

Reviewed 12 January 2021

This used to be our favourite Motel in Palmerston North. We have stayed there for many years to attend the Stock Car teams Champs, however the ownership changed in December and our forward booking of 11 months was cancelled just three weeks before we were due to stay there. We just recieved an E-Mail that due to renovations our booking has been cancelled. Unbelievable! No answer to our E-Mail and a most unhelpful person on the reception desk.Try finding accomodation in Palmerston North over Waitangi weekend. I will never stay there again nor would I recommend anyone else does as this new owner is just as likely to cancel your booking.

Date of stay: December 2020
Reviewed 12 January 2021

Cancelled our booking 3 weeks out from our trip on an extremely busy weekend in Palmerston North. We’re unable to secure more accommodation. When explaining that we were going to be really out of pocket for flights etc there was no response. Would not recommend booking without a backup plan.

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank Brm654
Reviewed 24 December 2020

Excellent staff friendly Asian I think Chinese very accommodating and speak great English and are very good to their guests.firstly they greet me like a new zealander respecting my culture "smiling" and they gave me a discount and I was given a lovely gift for xmas and a xmas card hand written wishing me all the best.Never before have I had such a nice thing happen from a owner.rooms immaculate clean facilities superb cooking is possible the showers nice and hot and the towel rack is warming the towel.room was serviced and I was greeted again the next day with a smile and more milk.Excelkent location by the esplanade and manawatu river for walks ice cream and local birdlife and fauna.Really impressed I highly recommend.Thank you good people from Harringtons MERRY xmas!!

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 21 February 2020

This unit was comfy enough, but nothing to rave about.
Close to the river if you want to go for a walk or run
Would need to drive to the shops as it's not close.
Good parking on site.
Hassle free check in.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Meiling Chiang, Owner at Harringtons Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2020

Thank you for your comment. We hope you have enjoyed the stay.