“Highly Competent”

Pho Nem Hanoi Home Cooking
Description: Pho & Nem - Hanoi Home Cooking with the true taste of Vietnamese foods.
Reviewed 10 March 2021

We took a passing fancy to the idea of trying Vietnamese cuisine and were glad that we did. The restaurant seemed busy and understaffed at the time, but my momentary concerns were put aside as we saw the owner dashing around apparently at ease with doing the work of three. The entree Platter for Two was a great success and was a great foretaste of things to come. However, it was their Spare Ribs with rice that I found especially pleasing. It had just the right level of chilli and lemon grass to leave you with a warm afterglow in the mouth. This was an enjoyable meal and b the looks of what other people were eating there are other menu items that show potential for trying out as well. This restaurant has a BYO licence so if you want a beer with your meal you need to remember to bring your own. The service was great and we were well looked after.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank Stephan v

Reviewed 4 December 2020 via mobile

Lovely clean friendly, food was excellent, the pho was very authentic highly recommend, we also had the crispy net rolls

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 6 November 2020

I have never written a review of a restaurant but felt I had to for this one! My husband and I had dinner here last night and it was such a fantastic experience! The food was absolutely delicious, we ordered a platter for two and everything was on point but the fried spring rolls were the best I have ever tasted. We both ordered pho- mine the Duck, bamboo and shiitake and my husband the spicy beef and we were both blown away by the flavour. The broth was very authentic and the meat was “melt in your mouth” good! The portion size was enormous and we both only got through less than half but took the rest home. The service was amazing, I’m not sure if it was the owner who served us but he was so friendly and helpful and extremely fast even though there were quite a few other diners and a steady line of people picking up takeaways. The prices were great too and I would have been happy to pay twice what we did for such a wonderful dining experience. Thank you, Pho Nem, we will definitely be back as there are so many dishes on the menu that I want to try!

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 1 November 2020 via mobile

Visited with family and friends with 7 of us ordered chicken curry, pork belly, bun thang, lemongrass chicken, spicy beef soup, and entree platters. Very delicious all of them and we were all satisfied with service. The coconut milk in chicken curry was thick and creamy and not salty. The bun thang was a fabulous blast of mixed ingredients and fusion of flavors. It became busy at night with all tables taken. Don't be fooled by its simplistic restaurant appearance. Certainly more than meets the eye. As for the price, it's right on the mark. So happy we discovered this place.

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 13 September 2020 via mobile

This cafe is excellent for a good value, tasty meal. I loved my noodle soup made with good we quality broth and other ingredients. Decor pleasant and excellent service. Very clean; to be recommended.

Date of visit: September 2020