All reviews golf course duty manager deluxe queen room comfortable bed pleasant stay business trip free wifi property reception styling gippsland blankets highway hospital accommodation
Reviewed 24 February 2018

I stayed here for one night and would re-book in a heartbeat.
Friendly and helpful staff at reception and in restaurant.
Rooms were large and very well appointed for the business person who needs a work space. Comfortable bed, good aircon, Separate bathroom, air chair, Desk with Leather gas lift chair everything to make you comfy and at home was there.
The on site restaurant does a lovely steak.
I must admit I found it a bit difficult to work out where I was supposed to park the car as the paint on the road was faded and the numbers do not go in order, but eventually found it.
My only criticism was room service breakfast, I ordered the yoghurt and english muffins. The yoghurt was quite warm when it arrived at my room, so I didn't eat it, also the muffins were not toasted, as I didn't have the time to toast this (I must admit I was expecting it to arrive toasted my fault) I also did not eat this, but the Latte was lovely.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank beaustravels
Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

I have struggled to find a decent Choice hotel in Gippsland. Used to love the place I stayed in Bairnsdale - but they are no longer part of the Choice franchise. Lakes Entrance - not impressed, so thought I would try this place.
Ok...for a regional hotel - wow ! Very impressed ! Granted, I booked a “spa suite”, but it’s just gorgeous !
Great wifi, room service was awesome, room was impeccable. Staff very accommodating and eager to please.
I seriously can’t fault this place - plus a complementary bottle of wine in my room (maybe because I have Choice status ?
- but I am not complaining ! Lol).
I have been searching for a good 12 months for a “home” whilst I am down in the Gippsland area - have definitely found it, and can’t wait to return !!!!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Brooke140
Reviewed 7 February 2018

We stayed here over the Australia Day weekend to compete in the golf tournament next door at the golf club. We booked the deluxe queen room, which was modern and clean. Small fridge provided with milk, coffee and tea facilities supplied. Bathroom was modern and clean. One small detail which needs to be fixed - toasters are supplied however there was no plates or cutlery. Just a couple of side plates and knives would be a good idea. Pool was ideal as it was extremely hot. Pool was ok to swim in, however it could have been cleaner. More pool maintenance is needed over the Summer. Another small detail which needs to be fixed is cut back the plants which lead into the pool area. Was a little overgrown, no big deal but just like to mention these little details to improve everyone's stay. Overall happy with the accommodation and service and will stay again next year.

Stayed: January 2018
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Our bed was soft, perhaps a memory mattress. Thought I would not like it but had a fantastic sleep.
The blankets were cosy as well.
Shower was wonderful and we even had a dip in the pool.
All in all a good stay.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sharono385
Reviewed 28 December 2017

I've seen quite a few good reviews for this motel and decided to book it, we were not even picky people but this place turned out to be the worst along our road trip up the eastern coast of Australia.

First off, the room smelt of cigarettes and there were quite a few insects inside. Bathroom was not the cleanest and the whole room just felt a bit sticky. Instead of the beautiful golf course shown on the website our room has a view of two giant water tanks. It seemed to have been recently renovated, but very cheaply. It was ok for just one night so we did not complain.

The staff checking us in and out were nice enough, which is always a plus, but the room was such a let down I can't recommend it in good faith.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more for the suites instead of the motel I guess...
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple