“Lunch was disgusting ”
Review of Australia Hotel

Australia Hotel
Ranked #14 of 132 Restaurants in Shepparton
Description: The Aussie Hotel is one of Sheppartons PREMIUM Venues. We are open for Lunch and Dinner everyday, with fantastic food and great service. Our Function Rooms can cater for any type of Functions, from Corporate Meetings, Birthdays, Presentations, Morning teas to Engagements and Weddings. As we are extremely Busy on Weekends we would appreciate if you would book a table in advance to ensure the perfect night for you. The BEST Live music in the Goulburn Valley - Every Friday and Saturday Night ! Karaoke is going off in Jack's Bar every Friday Night from 9pm
Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Mothers day lunch. I had pork belly & it was so hard i could have used it as a weapon! Never returning here again.
Had to go to maccas afterwards.

Reviewed 1 May 2018

A lovely clean, welcoming pub that is family friendly. My wife and I dropped in for a feed while driving down from NSW, it turned out to be a great decision. As I said the venue was clean, the staff were very professional and welcoming, the seating choices were very good and the food was great. There were couples, young and old, large and small family groups, all appeared to be enjoying their stay. There is a play area for the kids, and I think there might have been a gaming room as well.
In all a good place for a feed and a brief rest stop, we will come here again.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Traditional pub food, good portions, reasonable prices, efficient service, lively but not too noisy, popular with all age groups

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Came here with extended family (mix of locals and out of towners) for lunch recently and had an ok time. Staff are friendly and the dining area is nice, but our table was right up next to the toilets. We've sat in nicer spots on previous occasions. We had bread with the trio of dips for entree. The dips were delicious, especially the pumpkin, but the bread was undercooked - one of the three slices was pretty much entirely raw dough. For mains, I had an entree sized calamari which was very tasty and more than sufficient for a main meal. I was glad I didn't go for the main size after tasting the chips, which were bland and soft, like oven chips. One family member also ordered vegetables with her Parma but got chips instead. Luckily the wines were nice and the (very large) parfait we shared for dessert was lovely. On the whole, this place is a decent pub, but the food could use a little refinement.

Reviewed 26 April 2018

The usual pub fare is on offer here, but you may not get what you ordered.....i ordered "Crispy Pork Belly;
Served on a red cabbage and broccoli slaw, roasted chat
potatoes, and topped with a apple cider glace".
What came out...crispy pork belly (a slab of it) with a colorless slaw (white cabbage), devoid of both red cabbage and broccoli...and swimming in some dark, sticky, thick sweet sauce.
Of this I only ate the pork belly as the rest was not that fresh, Certainly the slaw was limp and the potatoes looked a day old.
Could I please suggest getting soda water on post mix or having diet coke in small bottles, as many diabetics will not drink post mix coke zero, as there is no guarantee it is actually sugar free. The bar man seemed perplexed that I wanted tap water, and then further confused when I asked for ice.