“Nice Food but lacks atmosphere ”

Sebastian's Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 133 Restaurants in Shepparton
Price range: US$18 - US$58
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Sebastian's Restaurant has been operating for over 30 years. Our A LA CARTE seasonal menu offers a selection of contemporary and Mediterranean dishes paired with our wine list highlighting our local regions wines. Whether your dining with us for a special occasion, corporate dinner, or just a quiet night out, come along and let us exceed your expectations.
Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Food was very good however it was a quiet weeknight and the atmosphere was very sedate, which is good if you like that sort of thing. The decor is formal and comfortable and would appeal to Business meals, special occasions and better-off older diners. Tables are well-spaced. Good wine list. You won’t find many young hipsters here with their torn jeans, selfies and drinking from bottles, but that’s a relief sometimes.

Peter C, Manager at Sebastian's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased you enjoyed your meal. Plans are underway to refurbish the restaurant.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Friendly service in the restaurant for dinner over 2 nights & 2 breakfasts. Great food served promptly.

Peter C, Manager at Sebastian's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Hi Robert, Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate that enjoyed your dining experience with us.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

As a last minute choice we stopped in, the place was almost empty with only two other tables of two within the entire restaurant however this did not stop our food from taking almost 30 minutes to arrive to the table. The service I must say was below average, we attempted to order another drink however due to the fact that both servers were busy talking to one another we were not served until our meals arrived & I must say they were awful. My partner order his steak which was VERY overcooked & my meal was horrible to say the least. Still very hungry we questioned if we should try desert, we did. My partner ordered the pear which was underdone, I on the other hand ordered waffles which I must say were the highlight of the night.

Peter C, Manager at Sebastian's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I do apologise for the poor service and I shall be following up with our restaurant staff. Yes the waffles are a popular dessert.

Reviewed 15 May 2018

We came up from Melbourne to celebrate my sister-in-laws birthday and I had to choose somewhere. Well I got it right. The service was very friendly, the restaurant had a nice atmosphere with lovely white table cloths and the food was fantastic. Apparently it was a new menu and it was really really good. I had the chicken and it was delicious. I was full but I had to eat it all. (We'd started with beautiful garlic bread). My husband had steak and my sister-in-law the fish and my daughter ordered from the kids menu and we were all happy. And yes the waffles really are good! It's a long way for dinner but we've already decided we'll be back. Well done chef!

Hi Belinda, thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate that you had an excellent dinner and a great celebration. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

I ordered room service recently while staying at the motel and was really impressed. While the meal was quite expensive, the servings were generous and the dishes were beautiful. The three course meal arrived within fifteen minutes of being ordered. I started with herb bread which was served in a teardrop shape - visually interesting and tasty. My eye fillet was at least an inch thick but was cooked perfectly to order and just melted in my mouth. It didn't require a steak knife. Accompanying veggies were lovely, as was the side of mash I ordered. The waffles for dessert felt like a really decadent way to finish.

Peter C, Manager at Sebastian's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Yes the eye fillet is a very popular dish and the waffles are our most popular dessert. Hope to have you dine with us again soon.