“Indian”

Spice on Charles
Get food delivered
Ranked #60 of 312 Restaurants in Launceston
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Description: Spice On Charles a brand new Indian restaurant in town offering an authentic and tasty experience which you may not have experienced, all our curries are made completely from scratch and contain the highest quality product.
Reviewed 5 March 2021

We had our first visit to an Indian restaurant in Launceston. I chose Spice and am very glad I did. My wife, daughter and I agreed the food was excellent as was the service. This restaurant has a good atmosphere.
Well recommended.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (29)

Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

Amazing food amazing service - food was hot and fresh and tasted fabulous!! Our waiter explained the dishes and the location of the dishes, very attentive

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 5 February 2021 via mobile

The young man who was in charge of service was brilliant. Thanks Anuraj for a pleasant evening. Like the lamb in black Pepper sauce so much, met the chef RajShekar to thank him personally.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 11 January 2021

I have lived in Australia for 30 years and this is without doubt one of the most authentic meals that I have had!!
Everything was made to order...
Hot, is hot ;-)
The Veg Pakora took my back to some excellent Indian meals in the UK...
The Chicken Tikka Masala and Beef Vindaloo were delicious...
I cook a lot of pretty authentic Indian food myself but this was an absolute please to eat away from home.....!!
The staff were lovely.....
The decor was pretty ordinary...so if you need someone to help spice it up let me know :-)
But hey, I wasn't there to eat the decor!!
Thanks for a wonderful meal :-)

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank Sandra M
Reviewed 8 January 2021

I was very clear in what I wanted- just good old fashioned genuine Indian food. That is exactly what I got. The taste of the food is authentic and I can guarantee that it is not pre-cooked or pre-mixed same tasting sweet curries available in a lot of Indian restaurants.

The young owner was totally open to suggestions. He genuinely wanted to improve and give customers the original experience.

Do not waste time researching. Spice on Charles is the place to go.

Dined here twice in the last week. A big shout-out to the young owner and the chef. Keep doing what you are doing!!

Date of visit: January 2021